Senbonzakura_miku

Commendable
May 13, 2019
I had opened and took apart my mouse several times but this last time the wires disconnected from the board. So i soldered them. But after connecting it, windows pops up the error:
"USB Device not recognized" . the red led on the mouse lights on, even dims after 5 seconds (like other mouses). Of course my windows is 10 and it is a usb mouse. Also, i never had a bad usb port or usb device. I'm sure the problem is not from ports.
Motherboard: MSI B250M BAZOOKA

Solution
its standard USB wire

red +5v dc
white -data
green +data
black ground

see if the board has any marking right next to the solder points that would tell you what each point is.
FIXED! It was bad soldering+misplaced white and red wires,i first cleaned the old solderings so you could see the hole on the board, and then placed them inside the board ( not on the soldering).

thanks for the information, problem was from data wires, btw i was going to make a 6m cable consists of four thin wires for my diy security camera, and your information helped.

Senbonzakura_miku

Commendable
May 13, 2019
how many wires came off and did you get them back in the right spots?
There are 4 wires out from the board. From left: black, white, red, green.
In case of mistake, i swapped red with white but still not recognized.
I guess black is the negative, because mouse doesn't turn on without the black wire connected.

Last edited:

Senbonzakura_miku

Commendable
May 13, 2019
its standard USB wire

red +5v dc
white -data
green +data
black ground

see if the board has any marking right next to the solder points that would tell you what each point is.
FIXED! It was bad soldering+misplaced white and red wires,i first cleaned the old solderings so you could see the hole on the board, and then placed them inside the board ( not on the soldering).

thanks for the information, problem was from data wires, btw i was going to make a 6m cable consists of four thin wires for my diy security camera, and your information helped.

Last edited:
Solution