Question MSI A320M Pro-VH Queries for RGB Fan Hub (Control Board) KEDIERS PC Case - C770 M-ATX Tower

Jul 13, 2023
Hey guys, I was wondering, I have MSI A320M Pro VH motherboard, i just wanted to change my case to Kediers PC Case which comes with 7 ARGB 120MM fans it also comes with a RGB fan hub (Control board), in the product description it says it’s needs a 5V-3Pin to control the synchronisation for the fan. I was wondering if i Need to get any additional converter or cables to make sure the fans rgb or fans work with the motherboard. Also I have Aerocool CLyon 550 W bronze PsU would I need any additional SATA cable for the RGB Fan hub it to work?

https://kediers.com/products/kedier...d-glass-gaming-computer-case-with-7-argb-fans is the link to the case I want
ADMI | Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2GHz RTX 3060 12GB • 16GB 3200MHz • 240GB SSD • 1TB Hard Drive • 600Mbps Wifi • PC Gaming, Gaming Computer • Windows 10 https://amzn.eu/d/bbU7nPE Is my current PC parts and links

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
That mobo has NO headers for any type of lights in fan frames - RGB or ARGB. The new case does not have a "Controller" that can power and control those fan lights. The board they describe REQUIRES input of a display control signal from some other source. With none on your mobo, you need a third-party ARGB Controller for this. An example:

This box has two cable connections: one from a SATA power output from the PSU for power, and a cable to a mobo USB2 header. Then you download and install their free utility called Razer Chroma RGB. With that tool you configure all details of the lighting colour displays.

The board included with that new case presumably has at least seven output ports on it, and those will relay exactly the same signals to ALL lights attached so they all do the same thing. The Razer Chroma controller has SIX outputs, but their software treats each of them as a different display source. So you can have a display which sends out a colour sequence that extends over all six separate fan lights, not having all of them the same. To do this you must plug your individual fan's lighting cables into the Controller's individual ports. But that only covers six fans' lights. You could use the board supplied with the case to connect TWO fans' lights to ONE Controller port and get most of the effects that way.

The electrical signals and the connectors on your case's fans and on the Razer ARGB Controller are all "standard" and fully compatible, so you should have no problem.

Jul 13, 2023
That mobo has NO headers for any type of lights in fan frames - RGB or ARGB. The new case does not have a "Controller" that can power and control those fan lights. The board they describe REQUIRES input of a display control signal from some other source. With none on your mobo, you need a third-party ARGB Controller for this. An example:

This box has two cable connections: one from a SATA power output from the PSU for power, and a cable to a mobo USB2 header. Then you download and install their free utility called Razer Chroma RGB. With that tool you configure all details of the lighting colour displays.

The board included with that new case presumably has at least seven output ports on it, and those will relay exactly the same signals to ALL lights attached so they all do the same thing. The Razer Chroma controller has SIX outputs, but their software treats each of them as a different display source. So you can have a display which sends out a colour sequence that extends over all six separate fan lights, not having all of them the same. To do this you must plug your individual fan's lighting cables into the Controller's individual ports. But that only covers six fans' lights. You could use the board supplied with the case to connect TWO fans' lights to ONE Controller port and get most of the effects that way.

The electrical signals and the connectors on your case's fans and on the Razer ARGB Controller are all "standard" and fully compatible, so you should have no problem.
Hey thank you for taking your time to reply!
I think I used wrong description or name for what I am on about, but then again you could be right I am totally new to this.

View: https://youtu.be/b5tmxIClNIU
around 6:07 it was presented that it’s comes fan controller hub.

From what you replied, correct me if I am wrong, I am new to this, it seems that you saying that the ARGB for the fans won’t be able to be used without that extension, but powering the all fans or some of fans can be done with just motherboard?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
IMPORTANT CAUTION!!
In checking the web page for that case I see it has few details, and simply says, "you can synchronize it with your motherboard" using the "Control Board" included in the case. It gives no specifications of exactly what fans are included, nor of how their wiring is done. So I searched through their website for clues and found they sell several different fan designs. SOME of them are supplied in sets with their own actual Controller Board plus a hand-held Remote Control Box that allows you to control BOTH the light displays AND the fan speeds manually. NO details of wiring are shown, but many such systems use a NON-standard system of a 6-conductor cable and connector between that Control Board and the fans. Often that includes a feature that you CAN choose to let the LIGHT display part be controlled by an external signal from a mobo ARGB header IF you have one, but you do NOT have to do that. The board CAN do its own lighting control using the Remote Box. Further, such systems very often do NOT allow you to connect that board to a mobo FAN speed header, so you cannot control fan speeds automatically from the mobo. You can use only the manual controls of the Remote Box to set fan speeds. In this system because the connectors and cables for each fan are NOT "standard", you can NOT connect them to any mobo header. BUT you DO have the ability to control manually both fan speeds and light displays using the hand-held box and do NOT need any mobo ARGB header.

However, the CASE web page does NOT tell us whether or not that type of fan set and controls is what are included with that particular case. If it is, then it provides all you need with the limit that you cannot have those controls done automatically by the mobo. You must use the remote control box manually. BUT if that is NOT what is included in the case, then we have to guess what IS provided - there is no detail on the web page. I recommend strongly you find a thorough review of the case OR contact the makers for full details.

The rest of this is further explanation of my previous post which ASSUMED that the fans supplied all have standard connectors on two cables per fan. If that is NOT correct, IGNORE the rest here!

Start from here. An ARGB Fan really is two devices in one unit - a fan with motor, and lights in the frame. Each has its own separate cable that plugs into a DIFFERENT mobo header. The smaller one (usually with 4 holes, and two ridges down one side) plugs into a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN header with the ridges fitting around a small plastic tongue sticking up beside the header Pins 1-3. The wider one has three holes (for ARGB lights) in a (4-1) pattern - looks like it had 4 holes but one is blocked. This goes to a mobo ARGB header, and NOT to a 4-pin plain RGB header. So each fan requires two different connections.

Your mobo does not have any lighting headers, so you will need some other way to provide them with power and display control. The board included with that case can provide the power part, but has no way to generate display control signals. To get those signals and relay them to the fan lights it depends on having its own cable plugged into a mobo ARGB header you do not have. So you need an ARGB Controller added to your system, and that is what I suggested in the example of one from Razer. With that your fans' MOTOR cables still go to mobo headers, but their LIGHTING cables go to the added ARGB Controller.

Then for lights you have two choices. You could plug the cable from the case-included control board into ONE of the ARGB Controller's output ports, and then all your fans into that board. In that case all fans' lights will do exactly the same thing. Alternatively, you can ignore the board and plug your fans' lighting cables into the six ports of the ARGB Controller. That Controller can do more complex displays because it handles each port separately. However that leaves you with one fan with no port to plug into. A good solution would be to plug that case-included board into one of the ARGB Controller ports, then plug into that board two of your fans' lighting cables. In that scenario those two fans' lights would do the same as each other, but you still would have the ability to do the more complex displays the Controller can do.

Last edited: