Question MSI Afterburner Showing Different Graphics Card

Jul 26, 2019
I've always known I had a NVIDIA GTX 750ti graphics card. But I got a little concerned when I recently tried overclocking. As the image below shows, my graphics card is apparently GTX 860m and not GTX 750ti.

2py85r9.png

I already tried Googling this first before posting here. What I did found out though, is that the two graphics card mentioned above almost have the same specs (Based on the source I was able to find). Could MSI Afterburner just mistaken my graphics card because of the similarities?

Hoping for some clarification, thanks guys.

Jul 26, 2019
Are you using a Laptop ? Why does it say GTX 860m then ? Is the Monitor's cable plugged to the GPU's port ? Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the MSI AB tool.

What does GPU-Z say ? Is the GTX 750 Ti a LEGIT card ? https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Sorry I forgot to include that I'm using an ROG GR8 PC. It's supposed to be a gaming desktop but it uses a notebook processor: Intel Core i7-4510U (I remember a review stating it's for laptops but do correct me if I'm wrong)

I'll still go ahead and look it up using GPU-Z. Doing it now

Edit: Just finished. GPU-Z is also showing I have a legit GeForce GTX 750ti

Edit: Just finished. GPU-Z is also showing I have a legit GeForce GTX 750ti

Okay... I then presume the Monitor's cable is then plugged to the GPU's port (HDMI/DVI) ? Yes, the The Intel Core i7-4510U is an ULV (ultra low voltage) dual-core processor for ultrabooks which was launched in Q2 2014.

So GPU-Z is saying GTX 750 Ti ? Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the MSI AB tool, if need be.

Jul 26, 2019
Okay... I then presume the Monitor's cable is then plugged to the GPU's port (HDMI/DVI) ? Yes, the The Intel Core i7-4510U is an ULV (ultra low voltage) dual-core processor for ultrabooks which was launched in Q2 2014.

Yes, it's plugged into the GPU's port

So GPU-Z is saying GTX 750 Ti ? Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as the MSI AB tool, if need be.

I'll go ahead and do this. Tyvm!

TRENDING THREADS