[SOLVED] MSI B450M MORTAR Won't Display Logo/Can't Access BIOS Goes Directly to Windows

Sep 9, 2021
I recently purchased a new CPU, Ryzen 7 5800x so I updated by MSI B450M Mortar's bios to the latest 7B89v1H3(Beta version). I flashed the BIOS using the flash button and after everything is done I noticed I can't access BIOS. Every time I press DELETE to access it before windows, it goes NO SIGNAL and it won't boot to windows. No EZ DEBUG LED is lit. But it does post without any problem if I don't try to access the BIOS.

MOBO: MSI B450M MORTAR
CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X
BIOS VERSION: 7B89v1H3(Beta version) PROVIDED BY MSI WEBSITE
GRAPHICS CARD: SAPPHIRE PULSE RX580 8GB
RAM: 2X HYPER X 8GB 2666MHZ

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Solution
There is a setting in BIOS to not display logo, can't remember what it is. But knowing that isn't helpful if you're not able to hit the gate for entering BIOS with the DEL key.

In such a situation this:
You can try removing motherboard battery for 30 seconds and see if this helps....

would work to reset CMOS. Or do it by shorting the pins....doing both makes it certain it 'took'.

Something else short of resetting CMOS is to disconnect all drives from the system...that includes removing NVME's of course. When BIOS can't find an EFI partition holding an OS loader it should crash out into BIOS.
Sep 9, 2021
ok go to settings, update and security, recovery, click on restart now under advanced startup, the computer will restart to blue page, click on troubleshoot, advanced options, click on uefi settings, and it should take you to bios screen.
My monitor just says NO SIGNAL after pressing the UEFI SETTINGS. I think I followed your instruction right since I was able to see the blue screen. Thanks for your effort in helping me.

You can try removing motherboard battery for 30 seconds and see if this helps. Turn off pc, turn off power switch to psu. Unplug from wall then remove the battery from motherboard. Plug back in, turn on psu switch and power up pc and see if you can get to bios screen with delete key.

There is a setting in BIOS to not display logo, can't remember what it is. But knowing that isn't helpful if you're not able to hit the gate for entering BIOS with the DEL key.

In such a situation this:
You can try removing motherboard battery for 30 seconds and see if this helps....

would work to reset CMOS. Or do it by shorting the pins....doing both makes it certain it 'took'.

Something else short of resetting CMOS is to disconnect all drives from the system...that includes removing NVME's of course. When BIOS can't find an EFI partition holding an OS loader it should crash out into BIOS.

Last edited:
Solution