[SOLVED] MSI B550 Tomahawk: Not able to boot window

Jul 15, 2020
I just finished building my new pc on the MSI B550 Tomahawk. Everything seems fine, all the components are showing up but I'm not able to boot windows from usb drive. It does recognize the plugged in usb drive tho. I checked the Ezy debug led and the boot led is on. I tried making a bootable drives multiple time (I'm doing it from a macbook) with UNetbootin. After turning on the pc It straight goes to MSI BIOS. This is my first build so please bare with me. Much appreciated. Thanks !!

Solution
What do you mean "boot Windows from USB drive"? Are you trying to install Windows from USB or actually RUN it from a USB drive?

If you're creating the installation media on a Mac, that won't work. You need to use a PC to make PC installer media for Windows on a PC.
What do you mean "boot Windows from USB drive"? Are you trying to install Windows from USB or actually RUN it from a USB drive?

If you're creating the installation media on a Mac, that won't work. You need to use a PC to make PC installer media for Windows on a PC.

Solution