Question MSI GF63 Thin 11UD BlueScreen error.

Apr 6, 2023
Hello ! I got problems today with the laptop normally it happenes from today, before some days it was fine since its new i got it before around a week, today i got cooler pad DeepCool Multi Core X8, teated if its working on heavy game and benchmark all was fine, later when i decided to use it for longer time on gaming, i alt tabed a game later the game crashed and i re openned it normally without problems, than when i exit the game i was browsing internet for a while like 20-30 minutes and when i started openning game i got bluescreen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA i checked the reliability history and on windows shutdown error there was code 50, i ran chkdsk /f /r than sfc /scannow after the chkdsk, there was 1 corrupged file fixed now im running memory diagnostic from windows on Extended Mix option. Any suggestions ? I dont knlw if it can be the coolerpad doing problems with the system, there is 2 usb connections on the cooler one is IN other one is OUT i normally run it with IN.

CPU - i7 11800H
GPU - 3050 Ti Max-Q
RAM - 2x8 GB 3200 mhz
CoolerPad - DeepCool Multi Core X8

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA suggests a problem with your RAM - rather the OS being able to utilize RAM at the moment of the error message. I don't have any opinions on Windows memory diagnostics, but assuming you've used the laptop to create this post, I would be inclined to believe that the error wasn't indicative of complete RAM failure.

If you want to get a thorough test result, might I suggest using MemTest86.

Apr 6, 2023
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA suggests a problem with your RAM - rather the OS being able to utilize RAM at the moment of the error message. I don't have any opinions on Windows memory diagnostics, but assuming you've used the laptop to create this post, I would be inclined to believe that the error wasn't indicative of complete RAM failure.

Thanks for your response, the laptop works fine, the error doesnt come soon as it boots up, but at random moment later, im running memtest86 right now will update about the resoults when its done.

Apr 6, 2023
but at random moment later
Thats actually missinformation, the only time it happened was when i tried to open specific game that the same game crashed early. Dont know if its actually possible to be a problem from the game rather than the laptop itself

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IMO, if this has only happened once, and after putting the game on taskbar for a while when trying to reopen the game it would probably be best to take a wait and see attitude. If this becomes frequent and you are within the return or exchange window...

Apr 6, 2023
IMO, if this has only happened once, and after putting the game on taskbar for a while when trying to reopen the game it would probably be best to take a wait and see attitude. If this becomes frequent and you are within the return or exchange window...
Thanks for the response, yes i will try to see if its going to happen more also on different games.

Apr 6, 2023
2 games tested for some time, Rise of The Tomb Raider crashed after openning the game and click Continue, later it was working fine. Unreal Engine game Shadow Warrior 3 was tested, first it crashed on startup with error for the crash

( LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Later after the game worked normal on the second startup after around 1 hour gameplay the game crashed with new error code

( Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000 )

The test is over took around 2 hours there was 0 errors found during this period.
Note that this test will take much longer than two hours. The typical recommendation is to allow the test to run for 6-8 hours, so leave the test running while you sleep. Check results when you wake up the next morning.

Your new errors also suggest RAM & Windows not playing nice together. Which also suggests there are pieces to this puzzle missing.

If the errors didn't start occurring until recently, see if you can do a System Restore (Win+R > rstrui.exe > Enter) to undo recent OS changes. ****After MT86+ is complete****

Apr 6, 2023
Note that this test will take much longer than two hours. The typical recommendation is to allow the test to run for 6-8 hours, so leave the test running while you sleep. Check results when you wake up the next morning.

Your new errors also suggest RAM & Windows not playing nice together. Which also suggests there are pieces to this puzzle missing.

If the errors didn't start occurring until recently, see if you can do a System Restore (Win+R > rstrui.exe > Enter) to undo recent OS changes. ****After MT86+ is complete****
When i get to work i will put the laptop there to work on memtest86+ for 8 hours. Also to mention for now the laptop is running a game for while 1 hour and 10 mins without crash, the coolerpad isnt connected, thats the news for now will update the thread after i do the memtest86+

Thats the program im going to use for the test if thats correct since there is 2 memtest86 program variants.

Apr 6, 2023

Changed my mind and used the PassMark memtest86, 11 hours 16 passess 13 tests each pass no errors.

Thats album with the pictures i got from the test and during the last test.

Also i dont have recovery point to the time before the errors started occuring.