izoblanc

Prominent
Jan 15, 2023
Since I connected a monitor (gigabyte G24F) to my laptop (MSI GF66 11UD) via hdmi, my system switched from using rtx3050ti to integrated intel UHD card.

Even though it's selected RTX 3050 Ti, it still using the intel.

Also, the monitor refresh rate is stuck at 180Hz and cant be changed neither in Nvidia control panel nor in windows display settings, which causes lags in any application.
(I also tried a different monitor and a different hdmi cable with the same outcome)

I used MSI Centre and updated all drivers, no results.

I reinstalled Nvidia and intel graphics, no results.

I updated BIOS, no results.

I cant disable the igpu in bios either.

P94vHhw.png

Disabling intel igpu in device manager turns off the hdmi port and windows no longer can detect any monitor connected to the laptop.
And laptop display is called "Wired display" in windows display settings.

uNgzkdi.png

7wRMZxY.png

J3iknzr.png

What do I do?

Last edited:

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
Ok, one way to use just one is to disable the intel one by right-click on it, then click disable. It should then use the nvidia gpu. There is a chance though that it may disable it and go black screen. You might then need to reset bios to enable again ?? Possibility

izoblanc

Prominent
Jan 15, 2023
Ok, one way to use just one is to disable the intel one by right-click on it, then click disable. It should then use the nvidia gpu. There is a chance though that it may disable it and go black screen. You might then need to reset bios to enable again ?? Possibility
Disabling intel igpu in device manager turns off the hdmi port and windows no longer can detect any monitor connected to the laptop.

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
In nvidia settings have you tried selecting nvidia gpu in the scrolling list in 'Manage 3D Settings section. Not in PhysX section?