Feb 7, 2015
My specs are:
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
CPU: ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: 2x16GB Corsair 3200 Mhz
Storage: 512GB SSD, 4TB Seagate
PSU: 850GQ EVGA
GPU: MSI RX 6600 XT

So I recently migrated from a GTX970 and have not owned a AMD card since nearly 20 years ago and the last one I owned was 128mb. I have been using Radeon Software or Adrenalin, the equivalent of Nvidia Gefore Experience, and I personally think it is a little less user friendly than the nvidia control panel, but the card so far has seemed fantastic. It's just that the user interface is a little more difficult.

I have two questions. First, when my GPU auto detects settings for a game, why does it apply lowest settings when a game is 12ish years old? I have tested it with many games and it even does it for Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim. What gives?
Secondly, I know it's not necessary or advisable to use these two programs together, but why can't MSI Afterburner detect ANY settings on my new 6600XT? It won't pick up anything, and the same goes for CPUID. Please assist, I don't know why these two events are happening.

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
probably because the game is so old, it doesn't have a profile
latest msi and cpuid? running the latest amd gpu driver?
Yes, all current drivers and versions. One thing I did notice though is that Adrenalin is also called "Radeon Software" and when downloading it gives you the choice of the recent version or the "optional" more recent version. I went with the non optional one. I opened up the Fallout NV and fallout 4 prefs folder and it actually has the GPU listed under the video rendering device. I am so confused. The card is solid and works fine, I just don't know what settings to manipulate and change to fix this. I uninstralled everything Nvidia related. I thought it was a conflict or something but I guess not.

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
i was just affirming that is the way to do it. I have switched from AMD to Nividia and back and forth, You always have to uninstall all software for the GPU your using and reinstall and clean registry.