PwnSalad

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
CPU: Intel i5-9600k
Mobo: MSI z390 Gaming Plus
RAM: Vengeance 16GB
PSU: 700Watt

I am having an issue with this custom PC booting.

I tried to no avail to tell the gentleman I was building this PC for that ordering parts off the internet would be much cheaper, however he decided that he wanted a new computer today. SO off to Best Buy I went.

Upon putting the PC together I came across an issue. The PC wont boot. The CPU led flashes quickly but then the entire PC does nothing. No fans, no lights, nothing. Something that I did notice, however, is that when I unplug the 8 pin connector the CPU power that the PC still doesn't boot, BUT the fans stay running and the motherboard appears to be powered and, the CPU LED stays lit.

There are no pins on this CPU so I don't need to check that.

I tried booting without the RAM, without the CPU, without the GPU, I tried booting with each stick of ram individually, I tried booting with only the 24 pin connector.

I am just really lost at this point, the PC is still at this gentleman's shop but I am LOST.

Any help would be appreciated.

PwnSalad

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
pins is on the motherboard

is possible the motherboard need bios update to use with 9th gen cpu

make and model of that 700w psu?

I can't remember the brand of the power supply but it definitely wasnt a top name brand like corsair or EVGA, I was trying to keep it cheep for the guy. It was something that Best Buy has though. Sorry that's not very helpful.