[SOLVED] MSI Z77A GD65 has low durability?

Jun 13, 2020
Hi, I have a question regarding the mobo MSI z77a gd65. I have heard that it is not highly recommended due to various errors, some people say that it lasts from 5 months to 2 years and that after that it dies. Is this true? How good is the durability of this mobo?

Solution
Considering that Z77 in general, and that motherboard as well, are now 8 years old, so anything you get that is Z77 is certainly going to be AT LEAST 7 years old, then durability is probably best considered to be either "none" or "low". Buying a Z77 platform 8 years after it's release makes absolutely no sense at all, regardless of what country you are in, unless you are buying a used board for a system you already have and then it only makes sense if you are able to get it for extremely cheap.

Otherwise, it is money better spent being put towards something much newer. Right now there is no reason anybody should be buying anything older than 7th Gen Intel (Z270, H270, Kaby lake) or 2nd Gen Ryzen 2000 series. There are affordable...
Considering that Z77 in general, and that motherboard as well, are now 8 years old, so anything you get that is Z77 is certainly going to be AT LEAST 7 years old, then durability is probably best considered to be either "none" or "low". Buying a Z77 platform 8 years after it's release makes absolutely no sense at all, regardless of what country you are in, unless you are buying a used board for a system you already have and then it only makes sense if you are able to get it for extremely cheap.

Otherwise, it is money better spent being put towards something much newer. Right now there is no reason anybody should be buying anything older than 7th Gen Intel (Z270, H270, Kaby lake) or 2nd Gen Ryzen 2000 series. There are affordable options for both those platforms, worldwide, normally, but right now is not a great time to be buying ANYTHING due to the restrictions on production and shipping from Covid 19 that have brought retail inventory replenishment to a standstill in most cases. Another week or two and that should start getting back to normal-ish again.

Solution
Jun 13, 2020

Otherwise, it is money better spent being put towards something much newer. Right now there is no reason anybody should be buying anything older than 7th Gen Intel (Z270, H270, Kaby lake) or 2nd Gen Ryzen 2000 series. There are affordable options for both those platforms, worldwide, normally, but right now is not a great time to be buying ANYTHING due to the restrictions on production and shipping from Covid 19 that have brought retail inventory replenishment to a standstill in most cases. Another week or two and that should start getting back to normal-ish again.
I know, it's for a series of tests that I want to carry out. I just want to know how long its useful life would be and how likely it is to get an error. Because I see that some mention these things

It was a low quality board, even when it was new. Useful life for a GOOD motherboard is generally about 5-7 years, longer if you are VERY lucky. For a low quality motherboard, maybe 5 years if you are very lucky. As far as that goes, no way to "test" it now since it's already old. Waste of time.