[SOLVED] Multiple problems reagarding windows.

May 30, 2020
Hi,

So I decided to upgrade my PC's CPU and motherboard a few weeks back. Ever since I've been having problems with my PC. I don't know if it's the new hardware or not but every test I do seems to say it's not about the hardware and that they're fine. I can't see any performance dips either.

So, my problems include:

• When I boot my PC, it goes on to give me a BSOD saying "ntoskrnl not found". It becomes a loop no matter if I press enter or F8. They both send me back to the same message after it flashes for a split second. The only way to get into my PC is by pressing the power off button for 5 seconds and when it closes, hoping for not seeing the same message after powering on. After I power on again, I see my PC opens up (lights on the case etc.) but there is no signal to neither the monitor nor the keyboard/mouse. This goes away when I press the restart button on my case after which my PC finally boots up normally. PS. Sometimes on the ntoskrnl loop, it says there's another file missing "winload"? I don't get that as often and when I press enter on that it gives me the ntoskrnl message again.
  • When I try to fix these errors by advanced troubleshooting in advanced startup menu by using the cmd option, it doesn't open giving me another BSOD loop, this time giving me the error code "0xc0000098" and saying "windows32/config/system is not found" or something like that. It also says something along the lines of "There is no registry in registry book" (it might be saying something different, I'm not using Windows on english so please forgive my translation if it's wrong).
  • Sometimes when It try to restart the computer it gives this message with a black screen: "the file is possibly corrupt the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum". When I looked up this error online, nearly every source I found said there's a problem with either my RAM or the RAM slots on my motherboard.
I tried the fixes below:

• I tried running sfc /scannow but it says there's nothing wrong with the pc.
  • I tried running chkdsk command but to no avail.
  • I tried running some command from advanced startup troubleshooting command prompt but it gives the BSOD I listed above.
  • I also tried a clean install from a USB boot drive but that didn't fix it either.
  • I ran windows memory test on all my slots and all my RAM modules one by one. It only said there's a problem with the hardware on the first try when I didn't plug anything out before. After that, I started plugging out my RAM modules and started to put them in all the slots one by one, then putting both of them in the slots but the memory test says there's no problem on none of the tests.
I feel like I've done everything there's to do. Nothing I try works. What is the problem with my PC?

I ran windows memory test on all my slots and all my RAM modules one by one. It only said there's a problem with the hardware on the first try when I didn't plug anything out before. After that, I started plugging out my RAM modules and started to put them in all the slots one by one, then putting both of them in the slots but the memory test says there's no problem on none of the tests.
Maybe one RAM slot was not fastened properly on the first try. That can happens.

I also tried a clean install from a USB boot drive but that didn't fix it either.
Did you format the old windows installation first? Maybe you haven't actually installed a fresh version of windows after all?

May 30, 2020
Maybe one RAM slot was not fastened properly on the first try. That can happens.

Did you format the old windows installation first? Maybe you haven't actually installed a fresh version of windows after all?
Yes. Evem though the OS was in my SSD, i fully formated both the SSD and HDD for a fully clean start. Nothing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
When I boot my PC, it goes on to give me a BSOD saying "ntoskrnl not found". It becomes a loop no matter if I press enter or F8. They both send me back to the same message after it flashes for a split second. The only way to get into my PC is by pressing the power off button for 5 seconds and when it closes, hoping for not seeing the same message after powering on. After I power on again, I see my PC opens up (lights on the case etc.) but there is no signal to neither the monitor nor the keyboard/mouse. This goes away when I press the restart button on my case after which my PC finally boots up normally. PS. Sometimes on the ntoskrnl loop, it says there's another file missing "winload"? I don't get that as often and when I press enter on that it gives me the ntoskrnl message again.
Windows cannot do anything without ntoskrnl so there is that. winload.efi is another one it needs (to even start)

Did you use the ram from your old system on your new as that is unlikely to work. What are the codes on the ram?

May 30, 2020
Windows cannot do anything without ntoskrnl so there is that. winload.efi is another one it needs (to even start)

Did you use the ram from your old system on your new as that is unlikely to work. What are the codes on the ram?
Yep. I used the ram from before. What do you mean codes? How can I see them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
ram sticks should have codes on the sides to tell us what stick it is.

Ryzen systems very picky about ram, especially if it hasn't been tested with it. Generally helps to look on Motherboard website compatibility list to make sure it works.

May 30, 2020
ram sticks should have codes on the sides to tell us what stick it is.

Ryzen systems very picky about ram, especially if it hasn't been tested with it. Generally helps to look on Motherboard website compatibility list to make sure it works.
Sorry for the late response. I checked them as soon as possible.
There are a few code-like lines on both sticks. Let me write all of them down.
First Stick:
  • 0000008267108-POO1060
  • 99U5702-011.A00LF
  • DPMK0811903
  • HX424C15FB218
Second Stick:
  • 9905678-034.B00LF
  • 0000007906300-P000399
  • YJLTE-59JPTH-CW9V6
  • DPMH08C1708
  • HX424C15FB218
I bought one of the sticks around a year later though they are the same (I don't know which one I've bought later). I've also checked the motherboard compatiiblity list and i think it supports the sticks. Hope these help. I'm happy to provide you with any more info you might need.

Colif

Win 11 Master
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424C15FB2_8.pdf

When you buy 2 sticks of ram at same time in the same pack, those 2 sticks are mostly guaranteed to work with each other. When you buy 2 sticks that are same model but in 2 different packs, they aren't guaranteed to work together. So its possible that is reason why you continue to get errors

I found the sticks on motherboard listing, and since they only have 1 stick per pack, they only tested it by itself.

How did you test memory? Memtest or the windows memory checker?
Wonder if running with just 8gb of ram in for a while to see if it happens again, is a wise move.

Also, any idea what Power Supply you have?

May 30, 2020
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424C15FB2_8.pdf

When you buy 2 sticks of ram at same time in the same pack, those 2 sticks are mostly guaranteed to work with each other. When you buy 2 sticks that are same model but in 2 different packs, they aren't guaranteed to work together. So its possible that is reason why you continue to get errors

I found the sticks on motherboard listing, and since they only have 1 stick per pack, they only tested it by itself.

How did you test memory? Memtest or the windows memory checker?
Wonder if running with just 8gb of ram in for a while to see if it happens again, is a wise move.

Also, any idea what Power Supply you have?
Interesting. But they worked fine together with no errors whatsoever until I changed the CPU and MoBo.
I tested memory using Windows Memory Checker.
My power supply came with the case itself. It is 600W.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Intel chips aren't as specific as AMD systems are.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problems. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

What case is it?

May 30, 2020
Intel chips aren't as specific as AMD systems are.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problems. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

What case is it?
Alright I'll try that as soon as possible. My case is Xigmatek Glare 7A