[SOLVED] My Dedicated Nvidia Graphic Card Is Not Recognizable in Advanced Display Settings

Jun 26, 2021
When I right click on desktop and select "Display Settings" and then "Advanced Display Settings", the info only shows me the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630, and not my NVidia GeForce; even though my NVidia card is recognizable in the "Nvidia Control Panel", in "Device Manager" and in the "Task Manager".

My Dedicated Graphic Card is: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 6GB card memory.

Is that normal? And if not, why is it not and how to fix it?

Thanks so much in advance!

Solution
If your laptop is anything like mine in the Nvidia control panel you can set your preferred GPU in 'Manage 3D Settings.' Though usually this should be left on auto because it knows when to use the high performance gpu vs the integrated one and does so to save battery power. There is nothing to worry about.
Jun 26, 2021
Is your monitor connected to the GPU's or to the motherboard's outputs?

On second thought, is this a laptop? If it is, then it's normal to show the UHD 630.
It is a laptop, yes, and I just got it a couple of weeks ago.

I have no idea if my monitor connected to the GPU or to the motherboard's outputs or not, but as I said, it's new, so I assume everything to be in the default setting.

The thing is, I had a hard time finding info that gives me my GPU card's memory, and the only place I could find it was in "Task Manager", and something tells me there should be other ways and this can't be the only place in Windows that gives that info easily.

Everything is as supposed to be. A laptop uses the integrated graphics for most tasks and switches to dedicated when more graphics power is needed.

Actually there are other ways to find out your GPUs memory but it is not very easy to find it, so don't worry.

If your laptop is anything like mine in the Nvidia control panel you can set your preferred GPU in 'Manage 3D Settings.' Though usually this should be left on auto because it knows when to use the high performance gpu vs the integrated one and does so to save battery power. There is nothing to worry about.

Solution
Jun 26, 2021
If this is normal, then it's perfect, I don't want to change anything. I was just worried not to see my dedicated graphic card displayed in the general settings of Windows.