Question My house is 100% causing Game Stutters. Don't know if its power related or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryztripleb

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
So for awhile now I've been getting these game stutters while playing online in battle royale games, or games with heavy loading and many people in it.

Thought it was my PC, but it happens on PS4. I bought an entirely new PC just to test and return it, still happens.

I thought it was my internet but thought how can it be, I have Fibre, 600 down/UP. Called my provider, can't find a thing wrong. Every internet test is near perfect on my end and theirs.

I even SWITCHED my provider, plugged it in, STILL THE SAME STUTTERING.

This is driving me insane. It was working beautifully before and I have no idea what's wrong. I've plugged in my PC, Internet etc all in different ports and locations in the house. Switched ethernet cables etc.

I've read online it could my electrical, it could be EMI, but can't really find anything that helps or tells me what I should do next.

As for the problems, when I go into games, I have insane micro stuttering at times. It will start like lagging/ cut off for a split second then resume. Super frustrating, not smooth at all.
For PUBG, the same thing happens but the graphics are incredibly worse, like it's having trouble loading it or connecting , i have no idea. My specs are fine, and happens on a brand new PC as well so it cannot be my computers fault.

If anyone has ANY idea please let me know. This is seriously taking a toll on my mental health and it's super frustrating. I've invested over 6k on my setup and can't even play games smoothly.

Evga 750W Gold Modular 1yr old
Network: Telus & Shaw
8700k,
Windows 10 pro
32gb Ram Gskill 3600mhz
NVMe Adata S11 SSD, 500gb kingston ssd,
2070 EVGA Super,
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
NXZT X73 360mm Liquid cooler
Telus & Shaw internet provider

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Also include your network devices: i.e., modem, router, switches, power line adapters, APs, etc..

Have you looked at the Router's logs (if available and enabled)? There may be some clue there. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Look in Resource Monitor and Task Manager to observe system performance. Learn what all is running, what resources are being used, to what extent(%), and what is using the resource.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer - any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the micro stutters?

Process Explorer may also prove helpful - but you may have to download Process Explorer from Microsoft's website.

kryztripleb

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
Evga 750W Gold Modular 1yr old
Network: Telus & Shaw
8700k,
Windows 10 pro
32gb Ram Gskill 3600mhz
NVMe Adata S11 SSD, 500gb kingston ssd,
2070 EVGA Super,
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
NXZT X73 360mm Liquid cooler
Telus & Shaw internet provider.

Tried placing them in different parts of the house, didn't help.

I've looked in router logs. Can't find anything wrong. I seriously doubt it is something to due with the actual internet as i've switched to a whole other provider for 2 days and the EXACT same problem occurred. I've bought a BRAND new computer from bestbuy to test and the same problem occurs, and it also happens on PS4.

Resource monitor / Task manager shows nothing that catches my eye. I've reinstalled windows on my PC plenty of times and closed everything, downloaded the test games and it still happens. I first thought something was wrong with my PC, replaced ram, ssd, gpu and nothing, then I went on my PS4 and saw the same stutters so I thought it was my internet. Saw no problems and Internet provider said nothing was wrong so I switched from Telus to Shaw. Exact same stuttering on both providers which makes me think that if it can't be my PC, and it can't be my internet, it has to be something in my walls in my house, bad electricity maybe, or EMI thats interfering with my router.

kryztripleb

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
Plugged my Internet + my PC into the UPS so it ran off battery and my outlets had nothing to due with it. Still stuttered. Replaced PC with PS4 and same thing.

2 PC's (1 Brand new) all stutter

2 different internet providers , stuttering on PC+PS4.

No idea what to do now. Thought it was my electricity but it can't be. Unless both internet providers were ass but I highly doubt that both would be not working and have the exact same issue.

Jul 25, 2020
have you fixed cos i kind off have the same problems, 2 new PCs new monitor and new xbox and still bad input delay and poor render distance, i dont have a clue.

kryztripleb

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
have you fixed cos i kind off have the same problems, 2 new PCs new monitor and new xbox and still bad input delay and poor render distance, i dont have a clue.

No fix. Multiple PC's, brand new, monitors brand new, TV's etc. I just bought a bunch of <Mod Edit> thats returnable. I've even ran off battery on UPS . Same games affected for PC/PS4 and the ones that work smooth run smooth on both. +3 ISP's tested.

Do you only have input delay, or does your game "stutter" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2021
electrical would result in your PC either rebooting or just frying from an overload and other symptoms way worse than stuttering. and wouldn't explain portable devices not connected directly to your ISP....
In an other forum, someone says that he went to another house with his PC and there it worked fine and he has the same issues and stutter then I have. I will take my PC to a friends house tomorrow and try, if the same issues occure there also, I think my brain is just stuttering or smth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS