Question My internet is too slow to watch youtube and play intensive games like rust when others are on it, though my download and upload speeds are over 300.

Jul 17, 2022
I have never gotten to play rust or watch YouTube on my computer because of my internet. YouTube will automatically set the quality to 480p and not play if its higher. Rust will have me teleport everywhere. My ping is always very good even when I am having problems. I have already ruled out that my computer is not the problem by taking it to a friend's house. Unless everyone who plays rust and watches YouTube has god tier internet I don't understand why this is happening.

kanewolf

Titan
I have never gotten to play rust or watch YouTube on my computer because of my internet. YouTube will automatically set the quality to 480p and not play if its higher. Rust will have me teleport everywhere. My ping is always very good even when I am having problems. I have already ruled out that my computer is not the problem by taking it to a friend's house. Unless everyone who plays rust and watches YouTube has god tier internet I don't understand why this is happening.
Are you using WIFI or a wired connection directly to the primary router ?

You might want to turn off the QOS in your router and firewall. Many packets can get improperly tagged and placed at a significantly lower priority. Most built in QOS systems are terrible for this reason. Only FQ_Codel and Cake are the QOS algorithms I'd recommend which actually work very well. They don't rely on packet tagging.

Reactions: Corwin65