Question My laptop is using my CPU graphics instead of the GPU's

LawrenceKG0D

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
So I ve bought a new gaming laptop ( Asus TUF FX 505DT) and i keep getting some weird problems.
First of all , yes im new to the laptops industry as i was a PC user for like 10 years
I wanted to see how my gpu works on some games, but i was getting really low FPS (CSGO FULLHD / low preset -90 -100 fps ) Fifa 20 ( FULLHD/ low preset - 25 fps)
I think that the problem here is that my laptop is using its CPU graphics card instead of the GTX 1650
The question is, how can i change my 1650 to be the main graphic card?
P.S Yes, i changed the priority of the 1650's to Main in its control pannel
Need some advice here, thanks in advance

Aug 10, 2020
The ASUS info indicates a Ryzen cpu on Nvidia MB chipset "including GTX 1650 graphics" so you might screw your system if you use the Nvidia graphics chipset driver rather than Nvidia motherboard chipset driver.

LawrenceKG0D

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
If you are not plugged in, the integrated graphics will be used to conserve battery power.
I am, i took care of this as well
Quick note tho, made some tricks and now the games are running nice and smooth
the only problem remains csgo in which i cant get more than 100 fps even on the lowest settings, whereas on games like Titanfall 2 on fullhd and high preset im getting around 70/80

LawrenceKG0D

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
if you want to test to make sure the nvidia GPU is working correctly go into BIOS and set it to use discrete graphics only.

i would only do this just for a test. using the nvia graphics all the time will drain your battery fast

Everything works properly
I have tested some other games and they seem to be performing excellent
Whereas csgo,the game that I play the most still keeps me unde 100fps..