Question My laptop's battery is acting strange. Is it a hardware or software problem.

Apr 23, 2019
A few weeks ago my battery started displaying incorrectly and my computer started acting strangely. The battery icon would show empty and not charging but when I click on it it shows 100% charged. When I unplug the computer the computer still runs so the battery appears to still be working. However when the battery is like this it doesn't charge or it only charges enough to last a few minutes when unplugged. The battery alternates between this state and working semi-normally (semi-normally because sometimes the battery will not charge back to 100% or it will not display correctly) seemingly at random. I have a 2016 Razor Blade Stealth and I have had battery problems before (with the battery that the laptop came with) so I have since replaced the old battery with a new 3rd party one that claims to be compatible. I have also contacted Razor customer support and looked online for solutions but I haven’t found any that work. I am wondering if the problem is with the battery (I bought it about a month ago) or with windows.

Lutfij

Titan
Which OS are you on and on what version? Windows 10? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your laptop. I personally don't rely on Razer's products anymore due to their usually hit or miss quality with all their gear.