Apr 18, 2020
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this isn't the place, or that someone has already asked and gotten an answer for my question but -

My PC keeps doing this at startup like the picture shows.

I know this page shows up when you restore the system values (Reset BIOS, right?) but the thing is I have never intentionally restore the value. It just happens on its own as and when.

I have since flash a new BIOS version, gave up on any OC attempts including my GPU and swapping out my PSU. The problem persists.

I'm running the 9600k on a MSI Z390 gaming pro carbon.

Here's hoping someone has the remedy to this issue.. View: https://imgur.com/A2NvDm8

Solution
Might be something wrong with the CMOS battery, perhaps replace it and see if it changes. My laptop does the same thing when I disconnect the battery from it, it resets the CMOS as it always needs power.
Nov 28, 2019
Might be something wrong with the CMOS battery, perhaps replace it and see if it changes. My laptop does the same thing when I disconnect the battery from it, it resets the CMOS as it always needs power.

Solution

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi there. :benetton:
Well first of all i would suggest to replace the CMOS battery and then to reset your bios manually(With the jumper method)and reprogram bios again.
It may be that you have a faulty battery or there's something(Some component) that resets your bios....Or reprogram bios and save all your settings to a file then every time it resets it will selects that save file automatically.

Apr 18, 2020
Hi there. :benetton:
Well first of all i would suggest to replace the CMOS battery and then to reset your bios manually(With the jumper method)and reprogram bios again.
It may be that you have a faulty battery or there's something(Some component) that resets your bios....Or reprogram bios and save all your settings to a file then every time it resets it will selects that save file automatically.

Hi buddy. Thank for the reply!!

I understand the CMOS battery issue but what are the chances of a hardware resetting my bios . Any insights regarding that? How can I identify them or resolve that?