route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
I got a new PC and everything seems good. I was testing game performance and noticed that my temps would go up as high as 60C without my GeForce RTX 3050 fans not spinning. It's a 0 RPM. My old GPU, RTX 2060 Ti, does not have this problem as it would always spin.

Could this be a defect GPU?

Solution
Fans should kick in 60c or bit over, probably on the verge of starting but you're under that threshold, probably. Can use Msi Afterburner to change when you want them on.

Regarding 2060Ti, did you mean Super? Ti doesn't exist. 3050 is a bit of a downgrade vs regular 2060 actually in terms of performance.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Fans should kick in 60c or bit over, probably on the verge of starting but you're under that threshold, probably. Can use Msi Afterburner to change when you want them on.

Regarding 2060Ti, did you mean Super? Ti doesn't exist. 3050 is a bit of a downgrade vs regular 2060 actually in terms of performance.

Solution

route45

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020

Hello I tried this and it worked. Thank you!

And I am aware that it's a downgrade and I specifically wanted to downgrade since I want to focus more on work and not gaming anymore (mostly play games like Stardew or any games similar to that). And yes it was rtx 2060 super, my bad about that, I'm not really much of a pc person.

Reactions: boju
Jun 17, 2023
my rtx3050 8gb 3xfan, some time 1 fan spin and others stay idle and some times 2 spin and 1 is idle, when gaming all 3x spin. Is it normal? Or my gpu has an isssue? Anyone faced this?