[SOLVED] My pc and a router connected in the same modem but my pc dont have internet when the router opens first

Jun 4, 2020
Hi guys I need help.
My pc and a router is connected in the same modem but everytime the router is the first one to be opened, my pc always have no internet connection. But when my pc is the first one to be opened, both my pc and the router have internet connection.
whats the problem guys? i hope u can help me. thanks in advence

Solution
the use of the router is for my neighbor, we are sharing the same internet but they are far from us so the router is in their house to provide them wifi
Well then. Thats nice of yah. SO with Router Modem Combos, using an extra Router requires extra steps in order for it to work and be compatible. It isnt just a simple plug it in and it works. What your R/M is doing is sending your Internet IP just to that Router and times, the reason why it works when PC is on first is because it is sending the first main IP to it and making others to send out. But when the R/M detect the router first it send Main IP to Router and your Router makes up the secondary IP's. To make it easier to understand, THe ROUTER for your neighbour becomes the...
If the devices is actually a modem and not a modem/router that is how it works for most people.

You should be getting only a single ip address from the ISP. This means only 1 devices should function. Why it works sometimes means the ISP made some kind of mistake.

If you could connect unlimited devices to your modem why would anyone buy a router. That is the function of the router to share the single IP the ISP gives you with the other devices

Reactions: Meloy12
Jun 4, 2020
If the devices is actually a modem and not a modem/router that is how it works for most people.

You should be getting only a single ip address from the ISP. This means only 1 devices should function. Why it works sometimes means the ISP made some kind of mistake.

If you could connect unlimited devices to your modem why would anyone buy a router. That is the function of the router to share the single IP the ISP gives you with the other devices
so connecting my pc to the router and not the modem will solve my problem? but the router is 20meters away from my pc

Ferimer

Distinguished
so connecting my pc to the router and not the modem will solve my problem? but the router is 20meters away from my pc
No what he is asking you is the Modem you have an AIO? meaning does it have a built in Router and Modem? Or just a Modem?" One" out ethernet plug or 4 to 5? So Router modems do things differently. Then Just a Modem. Just a modem will only ever send out one IP as per the ISP (internet service provider) and when you connect a router, it makes up a bunch of local IP addresses. thus allowing you to connect multiple devices via ethernet and or WIFI. Modem Routers practically do the same thing just without needing a router box. If you do in fact have a router modem and are plugging in a router, the reason why it would give internet to just the router when its first turned on is because you dont have multiple routers set up for the modem/router combo. SO what is happening is that the Modem thinks it needs to send your Main IP to that Router instead thus stopping the rest.

Jun 4, 2020
No what he is asking you is the Modem you have an AIO? meaning does it have a built in Router and Modem? Or just a Modem?" One" out ethernet plug or 4 to 5? So Router modems do things differently. Then Just a Modem. Just a modem will only ever send out one IP as per the ISP (internet service provider) and when you connect a router, it makes up a bunch of local IP addresses. thus allowing you to connect multiple devices via ethernet and or WIFI. Modem Routers practically do the same thing just without needing a router box. If you do in fact have a router modem and are plugging in a router, the reason why it would give internet to just the router when its first turned on is because you dont have multiple routers set up for the modem/router combo. SO what is happening is that the Modem thinks it needs to send your Main IP to that Router instead thus stopping the rest.
zte f670l is the model of the modem that im mentioning and i think its modem/router. Sorry im a total beginner in this because its our first time having our own internet and pc. I really dont know what to do in this

Ferimer

Distinguished
zte f670l is the model of the modem that im mentioning and i think its modem/router. Sorry im a total beginner in this because its our first time having our own internet and pc. I really dont know what to do in this
DOnt be discouraged, this is what this site is for to help with whatever is needed. On the back does it have one plug out? or up to 4?

Ferimer

Distinguished
the use of the router is for my neighbor, we are sharing the same internet but they are far from us so the router is in their house to provide them wifi
Well then. Thats nice of yah. SO with Router Modem Combos, using an extra Router requires extra steps in order for it to work and be compatible. It isnt just a simple plug it in and it works. What your R/M is doing is sending your Internet IP just to that Router and times, the reason why it works when PC is on first is because it is sending the first main IP to it and making others to send out. But when the R/M detect the router first it send Main IP to Router and your Router makes up the secondary IP's. To make it easier to understand, THe ROUTER for your neighbour becomes the ROUTER for the internet and disables the R/M's routing capability. So what you have to do is basically turn that Router into an extender of your internet or an access point to allow both funcionalites.

Solution
Jun 4, 2020
Well then. Thats nice of yah. SO with Router Modem Combos, using an extra Router requires extra steps in order for it to work and be compatible. It isnt just a simple plug it in and it works. What your R/M is doing is sending your Internet IP just to that Router and times, the reason why it works when PC is on first is because it is sending the first main IP to it and making others to send out. But when the R/M detect the router first it send Main IP to Router and your Router makes up the secondary IP's. To make it easier to understand, THe ROUTER for your neighbour becomes the ROUTER for the internet and disables the R/M's routing capability. So what you have to do is basically turn that Router into an extender of your internet or an access point to allow both funcionalites.
okay i will search on how to do that and try it. Thanks a lot for helping, we really appreciate it:>

Jun 4, 2020
I was configuring that router whenI notice that there's no dhcp server setting in that router because its a super old and local router, and the only operation mode in that router is Gateway, Bridge, and Wireless ISP. what should I use? the videos that I watched on youtube was not this situation

Ferimer

Distinguished
I was configuring that router whenI notice that there's no dhcp server setting in that router because its a super old and local router, and the only operation mode in that router is Gateway, Bridge, and Wireless ISP. what should I use? the videos that I watched on youtube was not this situation
MY other suggestion would be to talk with your ISP and ask about installing a wifi extender in your house that is closest to your neighbours. Usually its something that just plugs in the Wall outlets and acts as a wifi extender. Or buy a new Router or an extender of your own and do it that way. WIth that old router you will continue to run into problems