Question My PC doesn't work anymore after installing a GPU whilst PC was still running ?

Jul 3, 2024
Good morning everyone, it's my first post so sorry if I did some mistakes, some time ago I did put a GPU in a PC while running (I know a pretty dumb thing) after that with and without GPU my PC doesn't output video signal, so I thought that I broke something in the motherboard or the GPU so after a while I tried to put this GPU in another PC (this time while it was off) and the same thing happened, so these PCs are savable or not? Please

Good morning everyone, it's my first post so sorry if I did some mistakes, some time ago I did put a GPU in a PC while running (I know a pretty dumb thing) after that with and without GPU my PC doesn't output video signal, so I thought that I broke something in the motherboard or the GPU so after a while I tried to put this GPU in another PC (this time while it was off) and the same thing happened, so these PC are savable or not? Please
Most probably not savable because there was an electrical short in PCIe bus and burned out some elements on both sides.
That's why most parts should not be removed or inserted unless MB is not only not running but not under power at all. (shut off or disconnect PSU).

TRENDING THREADS