Question My pc has no internet and sound.

Jul 5, 2022
Hey everyone so today I got home from work and I tried to play some games. Whilst my pc booted to it's desktop there was no ethernet and no sound. I checked and checked the problem but couldn't acknowledge it.

I tried rebooting, clearing my cmos, and more. I checked my headset and ethernet cable on my laptop and both worked fine.

However my pc isn't. I came to chat with a guy on reddit and video chatted on discord. I shared my pov and at first we checked devices in the control panel. Nope, no ethernet nor sound.

Somehow we gotten to the point to check my ethernet light. It wasn't on nor blinking, Which it should. We were thinking it could be that the ethernet port had fried or something is up with it.

Could anyone help me out? Or what's your opinion on this matter? Thanks in advance.

[redacted]

Image;
https://ibb.co/7jb7LPt

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you experience any lighting strikes or power surges in your area before this issue took hold? Also, Have you tried working with another Ethernet cable? If you're using your headset as your primary audio equipment, please state the make and model of the headset. If the headset has multiple modes of connectivity, please state how the headset is tethered to your platform.

As for your build, can you please state the specs to said build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Jul 5, 2022
Did you experience any lighting strikes or power surges in your area before this issue took hold?

Answer: Not that I know of.

Also, Have you tried working with another Ethernet cable?

Answer: No I haven't because it seemed to work on another device ( my laptop)

If you're using your headset as your primary audio equipment, please state the make and model of the headset.

Answer: Logitech Pro X wired, USB 3.0

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: x570 gaming x gigabyte
Ram: g skill ddr4 3600 c18 32gb (8x4)
SSD/HDD: Kingston a2000
GPU: evga 1080 sc
PSU: corsair rm 850
Chassis: nzxt s340
Monitor: msi optix mag272, 1440p 165hz