My pc is getting too cold

alia83444

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
Hello, im fearing that my pc is getting too cold, sometimes as low as 25 degrees C. When i touch the outer case it feels very chilly and im worried it wont be able to run well, or even at all. Should i place it by a radiator so that it can absorb the heat through the intake fans, or should i just rap it with plently of towels? Does any1 have any good advice for situations like these?

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Your kidding right? Or did something --->swoosh over me?

why don't you just turn off all your fans. PSU fan, case fans, CPU fan, that should get your system nice and hot.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
lol.... thats like saying im afraid something is wrong with my car because its getting too many miles per gallon. 25 celcius? consider yourself lucky or invest in a home heater, iceman.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Reminds me of some of my early overclocking experiments during winter when I set up a desk and chair in the open car port. I even used some deskfans to blow wind-chilled factor below zero air into the case. I did it but it was clumsy to use the keyboard to tweak the BIOS while wearing eskimo gloves!
Okay, who's gonna try that up North?

coolgod

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
my comp once got a cold bug b4.
my heater broke down so i called the company to fix it.
b4 the guy came it was -35 outside( no windchill, I live in Canada)
my insulation was poor at my comp room due to summer heat so when i tried to boot the comp/printer neither of them worked.
after leaving it there to heat up a bit, it finally booted -10 and slowly went up to 10, when i was gaming it was only 20.
So Unless your comp was cold enough for ice to form, the cooler is always the better. PS
your computer case IS always cold, It is a piece of metal......

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

You might want to replace those RAM bearings and your CPU fluid might be getting a little low... :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
'computer case is always cold'

actually its always the same temperature - i.e. thermal equilibrium with its surroundings as long as it 's been there for a while, it just feels colder because the specific heat capacity of most metals mean they conduct heat away from your hand faster than a lot of other materials.