Apr 28, 2021
i have no clue how to fix it and I don't want to reset my whole PC as I have many application.
Specs:
Cpu-Ryzen 5 2600 6core
Gpu-GTX 1060 gb
Memory- 16Gb corsair
Storage-Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB
MotherBoard-MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard
psu-Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W
Any help?
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Solution
8GB hardware reserved memory.!

Chrome open (as rgd1101 notes).

Spotify open, Discord open, and whatever the hell "antimalware service executable" is.

This is clearly not "idling" and your RAM is running at 1067 MHz on a Ryzen system 😳
Antimalware service executable is exactly what it sounds like. It is either Windows defender or another antimalware service.

The memory is not running at 1067mhz on a Ryzen system. That is the base frequency, which is how resource monitor (And many other monitoring utilities) sees it, but since it is DDR, double data rate, it is ACTUALLY operating at twice that, or 2133mhz, which is STILL somewhat slow for a second gen Ryzen system. Since we don't actually KNOW what the memory speed is...

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020

Spotify open, Discord open, and whatever the hell "antimalware service executable" is.

This is clearly not "idling" and your RAM is running at 1067 MHz on a Ryzen system 😳

Antimalware service executable is exactly what it sounds like. It is either Windows defender or another antimalware service.

The memory is not running at 1067mhz on a Ryzen system. That is the base frequency, which is how resource monitor (And many other monitoring utilities) sees it, but since it is DDR, double data rate, it is ACTUALLY operating at twice that, or 2133mhz, which is STILL somewhat slow for a second gen Ryzen system. Since we don't actually KNOW what the memory speed is SUPPOSED to be, because we lack the model or even the advertised speed of the memory kit, we can only guess that it's actually running at the speed it's supposed to be but performance would certainly be at least moderately improved with something in the 2933-3200mhz range.

Most important here IS the fact that there seems to be an issue with the memory. When you see "8GB hardware reserved" that often means there is a problem with one or more sticks. Not always, to be sure, but often enough when I've seen that it's been because there is an issue.

I would download and install HWinfo, then boot into Windows safe mode, open HWinfo, choose the "sensors only" option and uncheck the "summary" option, scroll down to the memory section and take a screenshot (And post it) of that screen. Also, if you are running a two DIMM configuration, make sure they are installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. The fourth slot is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard. If they are in any other slots and you have only two modules, then they are installed incorrectly.

Solution

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020

It seems that is the case, I am not in the business any longer of fixing peoples computers and so am not aware of this process and do not use Windows Defender.
The memory is not running at 1067mhz on a Ryzen system. That is the base frequency, which is how resource monitor (And many other monitoring utilities) sees it, but since it is DDR, double data rate, it is ACTUALLY operating at twice that, or 2133mhz, which is STILL somewhat slow for a second gen Ryzen system. Since we don't actually KNOW what the memory speed is SUPPOSED to be, because we lack the model or even the advertised speed of the memory kit, we can only guess that it's actually running at the speed it's supposed to be but performance would certainly be at least moderately improved with something in the 2933-3200mhz range.

Everyone must be super envious of my RAM running at 6,800MHz DDR effective speed :p

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
I'm sure they are.
I assume that you are either running an older version of W10 or haven't looked at task manager in quite some time...

The DDR effective speed has been correctly shown for quite a while now, and for some at least, also the GPU temperature as well, which are all nice little bonuses, especially for rapid basic diagnostics without installing any additional software, hardly comparable to HWINFO64, but better than it used to be.

I assume that you are either running an older version of W10 or haven't looked at task manager in quite some time...
No, I'm not. And if you think Windows resource monitor, or task monitor, or any of the built in utilities, are consistently, or even mostly, accurate, then you have a different view of things than the majority of us do. Besides which, it's not even a mistake that it shows that way, it's intentional. Practically ALL monitoring utilities show the memory frequency in this way, so I think perhaps you might want to take another look at the topic if you have any desire to be factually accurate.

To begin with, "Resource monitor" doesn't even show memory speed. It shows capacity and usage, as well as the commit charge and hard faults.

System information doesn't show memory speed either.

HWinfo, HWmonitor, Open hardware monitor and mostly all the rest all show ACTUAL memory frequency, not the double data rate frequency, and if you have a need to argue with that I'd suggest looking at the monitoring utilities which are in common use before doing so. They all pretty much show baseline frequency. We deal with questions directly pertaining to that often enough that we'd know this just from that alone, without even factoring in any advanced usage of those utilities, which most of us also have. So I don't know what you are looking at, but it isn't any of those things I'm sure.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
No, I'm not. And if you think Windows resource monitor, or task monitor, or any of the built in utilities, are consistently, or even mostly, accurate, then you have a different view of things than the majority of us do. Besides which, it's not even a mistake that it shows that way, it's intentional. Practically ALL monitoring utilities show the memory frequency in this way, so I think perhaps you might want to take another look at the topic if you have any desire to be factually accurate.

To begin with, "Resource monitor" doesn't even show memory speed. It shows capacity and usage, as well as the commit charge and hard faults.

System information doesn't show memory speed either.
LOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

In you above lengthly quote, you did not once manage to mention "task manager", which is what I was talking about.

Please get off your high horse if you want to be picky and attempt to look down at people and yet cannot even manage to get the name correct, it is "task manager", not "task monitor", and I never mentioned "resource monitor".

Perhaps I will read the rest of your inane post when you have the humility to admit you made a mistake, I admit my mistakes, can you.?

Until then, bye.

In you above lengthly quote, you did not once manage to mention "task manager", which is what I was talking about.

Please get off your high horse if you want to be picky and attempt to look down at people and yet cannot even manage to get the name correct, it is "task manager", not "task monitor", and I never mentioned "resource monitor".

Perhaps I will read the rest of your inane post when you have the humility to admit you made a mistake, I admit my mistakes, can you.?

Until then, bye.

Darkbreeze is helping people here non stop. Who cares about a name. Task Manager or Task Monitor. It doesn't matter. He is spot on with what he said.

Do not use Windows monitoring tools. They are garbage. It's simple no? You use HWINFO64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z.

Last edited:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
it seems like you are using onboard graphics and have 8gb system ram allocated to graphics ram?? If so, stop doing that. Use your graphics card and disable onboard graphics.

Or do you have 8gb allocated to Ram drive or something?

Or... maybe you only have 1 8gb RAM module correctly installed and the other RAM module is not correct.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Darkbreeze is helping people here non stop. Who cares about a name. Task Manager or Task Monitor. It doesn't matter. He is spot on with what he said.

Do not use Windows monitoring tools. They are garbage. It's simple no? You use HWINFO64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z.
He might be, but when people pick apart (or try) what I have said, then (seemingly) deliberately misquote me, and then ignore my comment (in my still unedited post) about HWINFO64, I do tend to return that persons condasending remarks with my own.

As per DarkBreeze, please read what I actually wrote in the context that I wrote it, thanks.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
He might be, but when people pick apart (or try) what I have said, then (seemingly) deliberately misquote me, and then ignore my comment (in my still unedited post) about HWINFO64, I do tend to return that persons condasending remarks with my own.

As per DarkBreeze, please read what I actually wrote in the context that I wrote it, thanks.
y'all are arguing over nothing. The issue is 8GB hardware reserved memory. If you remove that, then memory usage is 5Gb. About normal for Win10 with all that crap running.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
y'all are arguing over nothing. The issue is 8GB hardware reserved memory. If you remove that, then memory usage is 5Gb. About normal for Win10 with all that crap running.
Integrated Graphics memory is never seen by Windows (task manager as per the OP's screenshots and where the OP was gaining his information from) as "Memory", it is not even seen as "reserved", and the OP doesnt have a CPU with integrated graphics.!

DarkBreeze noted in his first response that it could very well be a faulty stick of RAM, but until we hear back from the OP with updated information we do not know what is going on with his/her system, but a faulty stick of RAM is the most likely possibility by far ATM.

Last edited:

Until then, bye.
Please show me a (Real) screenshot of "task manager" that shows ANY memory speed specifications. Thanks.