Eddie Mitza

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
Hello,

I'm trying to set up some keyboard macros in Armoury Crate, and while creating the macros themselves works just fine, trying to bind them is impossible due to the fact that when clicking on the keyboard (ROG STRIX SCOPE) in the device tab, the window shows up empty, like shown in the screenshot.

I've tried reinstalling the software multiple times, with and without the aura-creator that comes with it and nothing changed.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

P.S: Using the keyboard's inbuilt macros function is not an option.

Lutfij

Titan
I would first start with making sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Then see if your OS is pending any updates.

Try and use the Armory Crate uninstaller tool, to remove the app. Reboot the system while disconnected from the internet, then manually install the latest version of Armory Crate in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should then be able to see this.

Reactions: Eddie Mitza

Eddie Mitza

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I would first start with making sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Then see if your OS is pending any updates.

Try and use the Armory Crate uninstaller tool, to remove the app. Reboot the system while disconnected from the internet, then manually install the latest version of Armory Crate in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should then be able to see this.
Alright, thank you for the tips. I'll try this out once I have some more free time on my hands.

Eddie Mitza

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
Unfortunately, aside from the BIOS update nothing worked doing.

1. Windows has a broken update pending that gives this error (0x80070643), which many people have issues with, and I couldn't find a fix that actually works.
2. Uninstalling AC through it's own uninstaller doesn't work at all, it returns errors and I had to first uninstall it using third party software first and then using the uninstaller to get it uninstalled. It can't even uninstall a fresh install of AC.
3. Installing the AC offline full package doesn't work, the installer works fine up until it gets to the AC itself, at which point the installer fails like in this SS https://ibb.co/pXDyN06

I've been at it for more that 4 hours and I am mildly infuriated right now.