[SOLVED] My system is stuck in a constant boot loop???

IOtakuGamer

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
So one day about 3 weeks ago I woke up and went to turn on my pc And it started boot looking turning on for about .5 of a sec and turning off indefinitely I did some troubleshooting thinking it was the power supply because I’ve seen in tons of forums that the unit I had was defective ( Corsair ax860i) and it had done this before but started after a while so I thought it finally kicked the bucket. I had it RMA they sent me a HX1000i to which I installed only to get another boot loop! So now I’m at a loss. I’ve tried re-seating ram use only 1 ram stick, taking the graphics card out, even tried using a different psu from a 2nd build, I tried removing cmos and shorting it with a jumper but that didn’t work. I took the ram and graphics to my 2nd rig and they work just fine so I’m at a loss???? Is it the MortherBoard or could it be the bois if so is there a way to M-Flash the bois while it’s boot looping, I’ve tried switching to the 2nd bois but than didn’t work either

Build
CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k
GPU: Msi R9 390
Ram: Corsair Vengeance pro 2400mhz
MoBo: Msi z97 Gaming 7
Power Supply: HX 1000i
Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX

I’ll try anything at this point!!!! Thx for the help

Solution
It sounds like a residual voltage issue when this has happened to systems I'm dealing with in the past I'd remove the cmos and power cable and then hold down the power button for at least a minute.

kek986

Prominent
Nov 9, 2019
So one day about 3 weeks ago I woke up and went to turn on my pc And it started boot looking turning on for about .5 of a sec and turning off indefinitely I did some troubleshooting thinking it was the power supply because I’ve seen in tons of forums that the unit I had was defective ( Corsair ax860i) and it had done this before but started after a while so I thought it finally kicked the bucket. I had it RMA they sent me a HX1000i to which I installed only to get another boot loop! So now I’m at a loss. I’ve tried re-seating ram use only 1 ram stick, taking the graphics card out, even tried using a different psu from a 2nd build, I tried removing cmos and shorting it with a jumper but that didn’t work. I took the ram and graphics to my 2nd rig and they work just fine so I’m at a loss???? Is it the MortherBoard or could it be the bois if so is there a way to M-Flash the bois while it’s boot looping, I’ve tried switching to the 2nd bois but than didn’t work either

Build
CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k
GPU: Msi R9 390
Ram: Corsair Vengeance pro 2400mhz
MoBo: Msi z97 Gaming 7
Power Supply: HX 1000i
Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX

I’ll try anything at this point!!!! Thx for the help
Does you mobo have a speaker for post codes. If you've tried everything in other machine then it's most likely CPU or mobo (or bios)