Question my updating bios process has stopped. What am i supposed to do?

Jan 10, 2021
Hello,
Seeing that the "EZ Debug LED" lights were on randomly and my PC turned off by itself, I decided 'after looking for the reasons on the Internet, to update my bios but when updating it stopped at 50% and is not moving.
I have to do what?

MSI MPG x570 gaming plus
Ryzen 5 3600x

Jan 10, 2021
What you mean by "not moving"? It's not uncommon for various processes to halt during operation for a while, and progress bars are seldom accurate about revealing the true progress (i.e. unable to calculate approx time left).
But it is more than 2 hours that it stopped at 50%.

Ok - then have you checked:
  • There are no programs (especially antivirus) that may messing with the upgrade ?
  • Have you downloaded the bios from a trusted source ?
  • Have you performed a file integrity check by comparing the (sha?) checksum against the download page (if provided) ?

Jan 10, 2021
1- I didn't install an antivirus on my PC.
2-I downloaded the bios from MSI official website and I started the process by following the instruction on my manual and their videos on youtube.
3- No, I didn't.

Jan 10, 2021
Well - maybe trying to update bios while EZ Debug LED is lit, isn't a good idea after all.

Is this the problem and procedure you followed?
https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display
1- I don't know I tried all other options to avoid this problem.
2- The problem is almost the same. In addition to that, my pc shut down without any reason. I did the procedures on this page and also other sources on the internet.
I almost sure that the problem comes from my motherboard. You think it's possible to get me a refund( i bought my motherboard in August)
Thanks for your help.

1- I don't know I tried all other options to avoid this problem.
2- The problem is almost the same. In addition to that, my pc shut down without any reason. I did the procedures on this page and also other sources on the internet.
I almost sure that the problem comes from my motherboard. You think it's possible to get me a refund( i bought my motherboard in August)
Thanks for your help.
What method for updating BIOS are you using?

Your motherboard has a BIOS flash-back feature. That means you can load a BIOS from a properly formatted USB stick without 'booting up' the system at all, even if the current BIOS is corrupted from a bad update.

It should be spelled out in your manual. Here's a video on the process.

Key points people get wrong: use a BIOS version for your motherboard and that supports your CPU, format the USB stick FAT32; EXTRACT the BIOS file from the downloaded archive; put the BIOS file (not the archive file) in the ROOT of the USB stick.

When you contact MSI tech support they'll have you do this before they'd consider issuing an RMA for warranty return.

Last edited:
Reactions: scbas