Sterling

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Is it usually a problem installing win98 on a HD that previously had win XP
on it? I formatted HD then tried to install win 98, I got an error about NDLR
not there. What is NDLR? Thanks for any help. Sterling.

You have to use Win 98 startup disk and then use fdisk to Delete any non dos
partitions. After you delete the nondos (NTFS) partition use fdisk to
create a new primary partition then format it.
"Sterling" <Sterling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it usually a problem installing win98 on a HD that previously had win
> XP
> on it? I formatted HD then tried to install win 98, I got an error about
> NDLR
> not there. What is NDLR? Thanks for any help. Sterling.

Sterling

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Thank you very much for the help, I'm sure this will help me .I am trying to
dual boot but could not get win 98 in. sterling