Westrome

Prominent
May 12, 2019
hello i have a little problem actualy i dont know if its a problem i have a dell inspirion n5110 and its runing 70-80 degres celsius i have a intel i7 2670QM 12gb of ram and a nvdia geforce gt525m graphics card its runing wery hot is it normal for these laptops to run so hot?

Solution
D
If you're talking about CPU (which I assume so since you posted to the CPU section), 70-80C is still in the safe range for both CPUs and GPUs. It's a laptop. I wouldn't be expecting desktop level cooling.

If your laptop doesn't shut down out of nowhere and you have no noticeable performance decrease, I wouldn't worry about it.

One question however, are these temperatures during gaming or while sitting idle?
D

Deleted member 2720853

If you're talking about CPU (which I assume so since you posted to the CPU section), 70-80C is still in the safe range for both CPUs and GPUs. It's a laptop. I wouldn't be expecting desktop level cooling.

If your laptop doesn't shut down out of nowhere and you have no noticeable performance decrease, I wouldn't worry about it.

One question however, are these temperatures during gaming or while sitting idle?

Solution