Question Need advice on sourcing a small 4K/UHD smart TV or monitor with speakers please ?

May 14, 2023
Hi folks.

Because I haven't got much space for my PC setup I really need a 24-27 inch 4K/UHD smart TV or monitor with speakers (or at least a 3.5mm jack for my PC speakers).

At the moment I've got an ageing LG 24 inch 4K/UHD monitor which needs replacing because the display is starting to wear out. Also it has a volume control but no speakers and no audio output that I can see.

I've just got a PS5 yesterday and I've got that plugged into my monitor via HDMI and my PC plugged into it via DisplayPort, so I can easily switch between the two. To get sound from my PS5 though I either have to use headphones plugged into my controller or link my controller's headphone socket to my PC speaker's auxilary in socket and by doing the latter I get a slight whirring sound of background noise, probably because the lead is a cheap one.

That's all temporary though I hope. I'm trying to find a display of the basic specs I mentioned but I'm finding it difficult and wondering if a smart TV or monitor with speakers that small but still 4K/UHD even exists.

If anyone can recommend something appropriate I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
Darren.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi folks.

Because I haven't got much space for my PC setup I really need a 24-27 inch 4K/UHD smart TV or monitor with speakers (or at least a 3.5mm jack for my PC speakers).

At the moment I've got an ageing LG 24 inch 4K/UHD monitor which needs replacing because the display is starting to wear out. Also it has a volume control but no speakers and no audio output that I can see.

I've just got a PS5 yesterday and I've got that plugged into my monitor via HDMI and my PC plugged into it via DisplayPort, so I can easily switch between the two. To get sound from my PS5 though I either have to use headphones plugged into my controller or link my controller's headphone socket to my PC speaker's auxilary in socket and by doing the latter I get a slight whirring sound of background noise, probably because the lead is a cheap one.

That's all temporary though I hope. I'm trying to find a display of the basic specs I mentioned but I'm finding it difficult and wondering if a smart TV or monitor with speakers that small but still 4K/UHD even exists.

If anyone can recommend something appropriate I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
Darren.
To me "TV" and "monitor" differ in the feature of having a tuner. Do you need to receive HDTV broadcasts over the air ?