[SOLVED] Need advice with choosing a GTX 1070

Aug 8, 2019
Hello.
I want to upgarde my video card (which is R9 280x) with a GTX 1070.
I don't have money for new one , but have enough for used one. In my country's biggest website with private listings, i stopped at three listings, wich are the cheapest ones(others are more expensive at least with 35-40 euros and above) ; and i can't decide which one to buy, these are my choices:
  1. PALIT GTX 1070 8GB DUAL FAN - 135 euros - he used it for two years and wants to upgrade.
  2. ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1070 X3 - 150 euros - he used it for year and 7 months and says it's very quiet and cool.
  3. GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 GAMING - 150 euros - he is selling 2 of them, they are used for only year and still have warranty from an online store till june 2020, but they were used for minning. When i searched in google for best 1070, this model keep appearing in every list as one of the best 1070, but the minning aspect kinda bothers me.
If you can give me any advice, i would be very thankfull.
And before i forget - i'm gonna use the card for gaming. And i don't care for 4k gamingl, or VR, or even 1440p one. I just want to play all new games at 1080p 60fps with most settings at max.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
G1 gaming is best, it's a shame they were used for mining and having two sounds like he was right into it. Warranty sounds ok, bit under a years worth, just don't know when it'll packup to take advantage of it.

Where abouts are you shopping? Have you thought about maybe spending a little more for either 1660 or 1660Ti?, 50 euro more for 1660 or could find second hand? These two and 1070 are quite close.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
G1 gaming is best, it's a shame they were used for mining and having two sounds like he was right into it. Warranty sounds ok, bit under a years worth, just don't know when it'll packup to take advantage of it.

Where abouts are you shopping? Have you thought about maybe spending a little more for either 1660 or 1660Ti?, 50 euro more for 1660 or could find second hand? These two and 1070 are quite close.

Solution
Aug 8, 2019
I'm from Bulgaria. I've checked now 1660 in userbenchmark.com and it's seems more similar to 980, and i've long thought before between 980 and 1070 and decided on the later one. I've checked for used 1660 one but couldn't find any, and the prices for new ones start from 230 euros, and 280 euros for Ti ones. And if i'm gonna pay more than 150 euros, there is listing for a MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X for 200 euros, and he says that is a gift, and it's a brand new, never used. Here is the link:
https://www.olx.bg/ad/msi-geforce-g...gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g-vide-CID632-ID7TFGW.html
And i'm inclined to believe that it's new, because as you can see in the second picture - it's still has a sticker on the fan.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Go for the Msi, that sounds pretty good actually.

Btw, dont trust Userbench too much, they've been known to be unreliable. Instead look at official review sites such as here at Toms, Anandtech, Linus Tech Tips, Techspot, Techradar, Guru3D and Nexus.

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks for the advice! I'm now between Inno3D and MSI one. 50 euros are kinda big deal for my country. I'm gonna think a bit more and decide later on.
And also thank you for your warning about userbenchmark, i didn't know that they are unreliable.

Reactions: boju