Jun 19, 2019
Please stop posting multiple duplicate threads!

So i got a new motherboard and case cause i wanted to switch up the build, everything is plugged in and correct, but when i plug in the headphones into the jacks, every sound works completely fine, but when it comes to me speaking, i cannot hear my voice, its full on robotic noise and its not even me speaking, its just makes noise on its own, Im using the razer kraken pro headset and the case that I have now is the Lian-LI 011 Dynamic and I used to have the corsair carbide spec 06, and for my motherboard I used to have a z370-a pro and which I now have a z390 Gamnig carbon AC, any help would be greatly appreciated because I cannot figure out what the problem is, most of the games I use require communication and as well I would just like to talk with my friends as well and with this problem, I just can't. I've tried changing settings with the audio and such but it just does not seem to work, I would really appreciate some help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
Are you plugged in through the Audio port on the front of your case, or the ports on the motherboard?
Plugging in the back can lead to some noise, but not full Mr. Roboto.

Jun 19, 2019
Well basically the mic audio part is being recognized through the motherboard, I tried something where I plugged in Apple headphones into the botherboard and unplugged the mic cable from my usual headphones from the front of the case but kept the one plug in that I could hear sound, I tested on discord and the robotic noise went away, it definitely seems that the microphone is being recognized by the motherboard port instead of the front of the case, I am wondering if there is some way to ignore the motherboard mic port so I can use the front of the case port? Because my headphones can not plug into the front of the case and the motherboard at the same time.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
yeah it does have the robotic sound, so the main microphone port is being recognized as the motherboard plug instead of the front of the case.
My only suggestion is to check to see if everything leading from the front case is plugged in completely and correctly, and look to see how you might of cable managed the wires with the audio in. Perhaps the cable is brushing up against something that's creating noise? Maybe a magnet from a mechanical hard drive?

Jun 19, 2019
no everything is fine, i cant figure out what it is! i sent a rma request to the case provider and they gave me a new front IO panel cause they thought it mighta been something wrong with the mic input slot, but i just tried with the new one and its still doing the same thing! I swear the mic is being detected through the motherboard instead of the front of the case.

TRENDING THREADS