[SOLVED] Need Help deciding on CPU and GPU upgrade

Dylan-257

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any opinions on my bulid ill list the pc part picker link everything listed as purchased i already have but now i am trying to decide which GPU and CPU to buy as i need an improvement my current ones are RX 570 4GB and Intel i3-9100f, currently i think im going to pick up a 8GB 1080 Turbo off ebay second hand ill list the link if that helps and the CPU i think i will get is the i5-9600k.

My mind is mostly made up on the CPU but if someone suggests something that seems better for a reasonable price then i could definitely change my mind, mostly just asking about the GPU kinda scared as it is preowned and ive never bought anything used but i know alot of people do,

The seller is well rated and sells lots of parts and $340 AUD (Australian Dollars) seems like a great deal considering how powerful it still is i was comparing it to other cards such as the 2060 and 1660 super and some others, the price for performance seems so good to me but if there is another card i could get new with equal or better performance for ideally no more then like $450 AUD then that would be great its just the market in Australia is kinda horrible and there arent alot of knew GPUS in stock at alot of places so any suggestions would be great, also i know my Mobo isnt great kinda just not in the mood to upgrade it at the moment will definitely soon though,

Thanks Dylan

GPU - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1080-8GB-Turbo-Graphic-Card-TURBO-GTX1080-8G/324433120467?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

PcPARTPICKER - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ydDwCz

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Due to your motherboard, it's best you choose a non-K suffix CPU and that you take the path of a 2x16GB or a 2x8GB DDR4 ram kit(not above what the motherboard's chipset can support and you should be seeing an improvement on your platform.

If you're going to buy something that's second hand then it's best you engage in conversation with the seller and see if the card was ever used for mining, or under some form of heavy overclocks. I doubt anyone will tell you up front when asking for mining and it's only after you purchase the GPU to drop it into your rig is when you'll realize that your money was either wasted or efficiently allocated.

Lutfij

Titan
Due to your motherboard, it's best you choose a non-K suffix CPU and that you take the path of a 2x16GB or a 2x8GB DDR4 ram kit(not above what the motherboard's chipset can support and you should be seeing an improvement on your platform.

If you're going to buy something that's second hand then it's best you engage in conversation with the seller and see if the card was ever used for mining, or under some form of heavy overclocks. I doubt anyone will tell you up front when asking for mining and it's only after you purchase the GPU to drop it into your rig is when you'll realize that your money was either wasted or efficiently allocated.

Solution

Dylan-257

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016

But what if i get a better mobo soonish that will be able to utilize the Overclocking of K CPU and are there any other GPUS you would reccommend