Funkonaut

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
So basically I'm having trouble finding a mouse that meets 3 essential criteria:

1) More than 2 side buttons, ideally around 5? I'm playing MMOs a lot lately and need moar buttons, but a lot of the 12-button mice look crazybulky and I don't see myself using all 12.

2) for "small hands". IME a lot of mice described as "small" in reviews are still too big. I used this Roccat Kone Pure mouse for years, and it was perfect for size; however, it only has 2 side buttons :(

3) Button mapping works the way I've always known it to. Meaning the buttons have an unassigned state, like Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, etc. When I go into a game's keybinds menu, I click on an action, like "melee" or "switch target", then click the mouse button I want it assigned to, and then bam, done. Now Mouse4 switches my target, or whatever. I don't have to worry about setting up different "profiles" for different games in some other bloatware utility, because the game itself takes care of everything.

The reason I mention 3) is because currently I've got a Logitech G502, which I bought because it was recommended for small hands and has 7 extra buttons. Seemed like exactly what I was looking for. But it's actually a lot bigger than the Kone Pure I linked, and button mapping is turning out to be a huge headache because it forces you to use over-designed, unintuitive middleware that literally doesn't allow the buttons to be unassigned, among TONS of other issues...

...anyway suffice it to say I've decided to just return it, but I don't want to just buy another mouse blind and run into the same problem, so I'm hoping someone can just directly recommend a mouse (NOT Logitech) they know from personal experience is about the size of the Kone Pure, but with more buttons, and no overcomplicated extra utility software. TIA.

Last edited:
Solution
hi there i went thru a big search for a mouse lately but im the opposite as you i have really big hands so i was looking for a big one but one thing i will say is that buy build quality also so that mouse last a long time so id say avoid razer as theyre build quality isnt the best they often use cheap plastic , ill say corsair logitech and roccat have the best quality , i personally have a logitecg 502 a roccat kone and a glorious model d , all for bigger hands , if i had smaller hands id probably go for a roccat kain wireless
Dec 31, 2019
So basically I'm having trouble finding a mouse that meets 3 essential criteria:

1) More than 2 side buttons, ideally around 5? I'm playing MMOs a lot lately and need moar buttons, but a lot of the 12-button mice look crazybulky and I don't see myself using all 12.

2) for "small hands". IME a lot of mice described as "small" in reviews are still too big. I used this Roccat Kone Pure mouse for years, and it was perfect for size; however, it only has 2 side buttons :(

3) Button mapping works the way I've always known it to. Meaning the buttons have an unassigned state, like Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, etc. When I go into a game's keybinds menu, I click on an action, like "melee" or "switch target", then click the mouse button I want it assigned to, and then bam, done. Now Mouse4 switches my target, or whatever. I don't have to worry about setting up different "profiles" for different games in some other bloatware utility, because the game itself takes care of everything.

The reason I mention 3) is because currently I've got a Logitech G502, which I bought because it was recommended for small hands and has 7 extra buttons. Seemed like exactly what I was looking for. But it's actually a lot bigger than the Kone Pure I linked, and button mapping is turning out to be a huge headache because it forces you to use over-designed, unintuitive middleware that literally doesn't allow the buttons to be unassigned, among TONS of other issues...

...anyway suffice it to say I've decided to just return it, but I don't want to just buy another mouse blind and run into the same problem, so I'm hoping someone can just directly recommend a mouse (NOT Logitech) they know from personal experience is about the size of the Kone Pure, but with more buttons, and no overcomplicated extra utility software. TIA.
Have a look at the razer naga hex V2

Yan LLawrue

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
hi there i went thru a big search for a mouse lately but im the opposite as you i have really big hands so i was looking for a big one but one thing i will say is that buy build quality also so that mouse last a long time so id say avoid razer as theyre build quality isnt the best they often use cheap plastic , ill say corsair logitech and roccat have the best quality , i personally have a logitecg 502 a roccat kone and a glorious model d , all for bigger hands , if i had smaller hands id probably go for a roccat kain wireless

Solution