Question Need Help fixing my Laptop

Sep 8, 2024
I have Helios 300 PH315-52
Recently i corrupted my bios. so today, i flashed new bios using ch341a programmer.
but my graphics card is no longer working
Need help fixing this

i might have damaged the winbond chip containg the gpu data while trying to desolder it (thought that it was the bios chip)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recently i currported my bios.
You mean corrupted?

so today i flashed new bios using ch341a programmer.
Where did you source the BIOS rom file from? You should use the laptop's serial number and then source the BIOS file from here.

i might have damaged the winbond chip containg the gpu data while trying to desolder it (thought that it was the bios chip)
You might want to also pass on the damage to that chip too.

Maybe you need to resource the chip from here;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383220882719
flashed with the right BIOS version.

Sep 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recently i currported my bios.
You mean corrupted?

so today i flashed new bios using ch341a programmer.
Where did you source the BIOS rom file from? You should use the laptop's serial number and then source the BIOS file from here.

You might want to also pass on the damage to that chip too.

Maybe you need to resource the chip from here;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383220882719
flashed with the right BIOS version.
Thanks for the correction
"Where did you source the BIOS rom file from? You should use the laptop's serial number and then source the BIOS file from here."
I reason i corrupted my bios was i was using unlocked bios and undervolting my cpu. but i set the value too high and it no longer booted. I had backup of my original bios which i used for flashing. later i double flashed bios from the acer official site.

The Bios has been fixed and it is booting.
Need help with the gpu issue

"You might want to also pass on the damage to that chip too."
I didn't understood what you mean
I tried to read data from winbond chip using CH341a and testclip but no success.

The damaged Chip in the image is not the bios chip. i believe it has gpu data in it

Last edited: