Krunja0w

Reputable
Oct 22, 2020
I built a pc about a week ago and I play a lot of rhythm games but mostly osu! and I have noticed that the keyboard acts up.
My mouse feels amazing so its not just a general problem.

I don't know the best way to explain it but when I tap the keys at a certain speed they kind of just glitch out or the input does not go through.
Like the input might go through but if I were to press the keys like 8 times the first 3 inputs might be alright but then the next 4 might come out delayed and then one input might not even go out.

Here's a list of everything I've done

• Reinstalled windows 10
  • Bought a new copy of windows and installed it again
  • Tried reinstalling windows and not installing drivers
  • Reinstalled osu! 3 times and played with every setting including NVidia control panel with things like the low latency function and some post processing stuff
- Tried completely deleting keyboard drivers and restarting computer but the newly installed drivers did nothing
  • Tried setting different polling rates for my keyboard. I tried every single different one all the way up to 1000
  • Bought a brand new keyboard (Anne pro 2) and it did nothing
  • Tried every single different usb port on my motherboard including different types 2.0/3.0/3.1 and even tried the dac usb ports
  • There might be some other things that I've tried that I've forgot buts that's most of it
Right now I am thinking its the motherboard but before I have to uninstall everything to put it in to the new motherboard I want to make sure that I am not just wasting money.

Because I don't know what specifically could be causing this. I don't think the chipset is broke because my mouse feels even better then my last computer and my keyboard works perfectly fine for basically any game but rhythm games.
Its like it just gets overwhelmed when too many inputs go through and I have never had this problem before.

But I kinda built this pc for osu! and to run esports games at 240hz but mostly osu!

My specs
  • Gigabyte z390 Aorus ultra
  • i9 9900k running at 5.2ghz
  • 32gb of corsair vengeance 3200mhz
  • Nvme m.2 Samsung evo plus 1tb
  • EK 240mm AIO forgot what's it called but it has rbg on the fans and the pump
  • EVGA RTX 2070 super
  • Cooler master h500 argb

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
"Tried setting different polling rates for my keyboard. I tried every single different one all the way up to 1000 "

Where/how are you setting those rates?

Have you worked with the Windows Ease of Access and typing settings?

Specifically Filter keys and Repeat rates....

Krunja0w

Reputable
Oct 22, 2020
No I have not messed with those settings and I've checked and their all off.

The polling rates were set using the software for the GMMK hot swappable keyboard (don't know what's its specifically called) and for the anne pro I used obinskit.

Sorry for the late reply.

Also after playing around a bit I think I can explain the problem a bit better.
It seems that maybe its not really so much about the speed but more so when a continuous stream of inputs happen.
Like only the first 2 inputs work. I don't think there is any latency but their might be some latency and it just gets way worse when more inputs go through.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS