[SOLVED] Need help to determine issue in my pc!

Feb 23, 2019
Hey everybody,
Just 2 days ago my PC turned off randomly and wouldn’t turn back on. I checked the back of the psu and the green light was blinking. I purchased a new psu assuming the psu died, but after installing the psu, the pc still wouldn’t turn on. I tried the following methods already to see what the issue was:
  1. I jumped my new psu, psu works.
  2. Disconnected and reconnected ram
  3. Tested ram slots
  4. Tried booting with and without gpu, nothing still.
  5. Tried just booting with connections to motherboard, nothing.
  6. Tried changing cmos battery, nothing.
even after all this testing, my pc still won’t turn on. I even tried my old psu, plugged it back into my pc, surprisingly it had a solid green light. I’m leaning towards my motherboard is dead, as there is no light displayed on it, but don’t want to buy one just for it to be something different. Please drop some opinions of what I should do, and if its really the motherboard.
My pc: HP ENVY 700-414 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04453446)
My upgrades:
My gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 1060 3 gb
My new psu: EVGA white certified 80+ 500W
Thank you

Solution
Hey everybody,
Just 2 days ago my PC turned off randomly and wouldn’t turn back on. I checked the back of the psu and the green light was blinking. I purchased a new psu assuming the psu died, but after installing the psu, the pc still wouldn’t turn on. I tried the following methods already to see what the issue was:
  3. Tested ram slots
even after all this testing, my pc still won’t turn on. I even tried my old psu, plugged it back into my pc, surprisingly it had a solid green light. I’m leaning...
Feb 22, 2019
Hey everybody,
  3. Tested ram slots
even after all this testing, my pc still won’t turn on. I even tried my old psu, plugged it back into my pc, surprisingly it had a solid green light. I’m leaning towards my motherboard is dead, as there is no light displayed on it, but don’t want to buy one just for it to be something different. Please drop some opinions of what I should do, and if its really the motherboard.
My pc: HP ENVY 700-414 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04453446)
My upgrades:
My gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 1060 3 gb
My new psu: EVGA white certified 80+ 500W
Thank you
Sounds like a dead MOBO. Do you have a friend who would let you test you MOBO in? If not, take it to a repair shop or back to the store you bought it from.

Solution
Feb 23, 2019
Sounds like a dead MOBO/CPU. I'd either test your parts on a friends PC, or if not taking it to a repair shop wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, could you list your specs? Thanks.
My specs are : gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb, 12gb DDR3 ram, i5-4570, 1tb hdd, 128 gb ssd, my motherboard is memphis B. My pc is the pc linked in the original thread, only thing changed is my added gpu and ssd.