[SOLVED] Need help with a 2k gaming/game development rig

Jan 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need a little bit of help building a 2k gaming/game development rig.
I'm used to building budget gaming rigs but high end development rigs i haven't done much of them.

I went for amd for the multi-core performance, the following shopping list would be combined with a 3070 whenever available.
https://www.megekko.nl/wl/38AXRF92

Do you have any opinions/things you would change?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hm.. solid.
I would swap out the 3070 for a 3060Ti.
Similar performance for cheaper price.
Its like the situation with 1660 super and 1660 ti.
Good mobo/cpu/ram choice.
Note that you are going to need a BIOS update for that 5800X to work,hope you got that covered.
H510 is a solid case,for budget systems.
In no world would i want a closed front panel with only rear and top exhaust fan case filled up with 5800X and 3070/3060Ti.
I suggest Lian Li Lancool II mesh,one of the best performers for <100$.
I personally love the 4000D Airflow from Corsair,i consider it one of the most clean and beatiful cases out there,also has good airflow.
The AIO should do the job just fine.
Yeah those are the only things i would change.
Hm.. solid.
I would swap out the 3070 for a 3060Ti.
Similar performance for cheaper price.
Its like the situation with 1660 super and 1660 ti.
Good mobo/cpu/ram choice.
Note that you are going to need a BIOS update for that 5800X to work,hope you got that covered.
H510 is a solid case,for budget systems.
In no world would i want a closed front panel with only rear and top exhaust fan case filled up with 5800X and 3070/3060Ti.
I suggest Lian Li Lancool II mesh,one of the best performers for <100$.
I personally love the 4000D Airflow from Corsair,i consider it one of the most clean and beatiful cases out there,also has good airflow.
The AIO should do the job just fine.
Yeah those are the only things i would change.

Solution
Jan 29, 2021
Arent the new zen 3's compatible with b550? i see but a bios update is no biggie, or should i opt for a x570 instead?

Yeah im just wondering when the 3060ti's will become available :/

and ur right about the case, h510 works well for budget rigs but i should indeed keep an eye out for better airflow

Reactions: Dj0gany
Arent the new zen 3's compatible with b550? i see but a bios update is no biggie, or should i opt for a x570 instead?

Yeah im just wondering when the 3060ti's will become available :/

and ur right about the case, h510 works well for budget rigs but i should indeed keep an eye out for better airflow
Zen is compatible with some b450 boards,all b550 and x570.
And as much as im aware all 3 need a bios update for 5000 cpu.