[SOLVED] Need recommendation for 650w Bronze PSU ?

Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone,
As the title says I'm looking for a good PSU. The options in my country is limited. After browsing the PSU tier list i've found only four which are available in my country.
From which i decided to go with either Corsair CV650 [CP-9020211-UK] or Thermaltake Smart BM2 650W [PS-SPD-0650MNFABE-1]

I would like to know between these two which one is better?

P.S: My other two options are :
  1. Antec NeoEco 650M V2 650 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze (assuming it is similar to Neo Eco II which is in the tier list but grayed out ).
  2. Cooler Master MWE 650W V2 [MPE-6501-ACABW-BIN] (according to the list have high ripple issues )
Best regards.

Last edited:
Solution
With RTX 3070 you don't wanna use a double forward psu like CV650 or Smart BM2. They will be very loud with such gpu and the transient responstime is high. You need a PSU with LLC platform. If you have budget for a 3070 then you have to make budget for a good PSU. Do you have a link to the shop where you want to purchase?
I believe the MWE V2 is the best option. Are you referring to the tier list for the high ripple issues? That issue is likely fixed in new batches, because Cybenetics tested them and found that there is no issues (there are some, but not all). I also believe someone said in the jonnyguru forums that it was fixed (sadly Jonnyguru forum has been down for a while now, can't find the article).

Reactions: sobchak
Mar 25, 2021
I believe the MWE V2 is the best option. Are you referring to the tier list for the high ripple issues? That issue is likely fixed in new batches, because Cybenetics tested them and found that there is no issues (there are some, but not all). I also believe someone said in the jonnyguru forums that it was fixed (sadly Jonnyguru forum has been down for a while now, can't find the article).
yes i was referring to that and thanks for clearing that up .
i added the part number next to the psu name, is there any way to tell if it's the newer model?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Mar 25, 2021
For what do you need 650watt? Like all threads about psu, what budget? Where are you from?

Saw with the Corsair CV that it had an UK nr so if from the UK spend abit more and get this,
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...odular-atx-power-supply-corereactor650g-bkcus
or,
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na
saw when opening the link to Amazon the price for the Adata seems wrong at pcpartpicker.
i'm from Bangladesh, most of the components we have here are uk variant, the listed four are with in my budget and available, now i need to know which one would be better.
I'm running 3700x with 2060super, already ordered a 3070 but my psu died

With RTX 3070 you don't wanna use a double forward psu like CV650 or Smart BM2. They will be very loud with such gpu and the transient responstime is high. You need a PSU with LLC platform. If you have budget for a 3070 then you have to make budget for a good PSU. Do you have a link to the shop where you want to purchase?

Solution
Mar 25, 2021
sure, here's the link.
btw the MWE model i mentioned uses LLC Circuit Design but i guess it will be loud

Last edited: