[SOLVED] Need suggestions for budget Wifi 6 Router

Chaqutic

Honorable
Oct 2, 2016
I need a new router for my home and can spend up to 10,000 INR. I am looking at TP link Archer AX50 3000 Mbps router as an option and want to know if it's any good. Is there any other option at the same price range? Also will my older phones/laptop ( macbook pro 2013) be able to connect to the router ?

Solution
Hey Kane,

I live in TN, India and my ISP is ACT Fibernet. My current plant is ACT Blast Promo Plan. (150 Mbps speed - 2500gb Data upload/download per month).
You won't benefit significantly from WIFI6. 150Mbit service can be easily handled by an AC1900 or even AC1200 router. To improve your WIFI, you might consider adding additional WIFI radios. This can be a router configured as as access point. If you have a specific device that you want to improve, you might look at powerline or MoCA networks. Pulling an ethernet cable and adding addition WIFI radios is what will improve your WIFI performance most.

kanewolf

Titan
I need a new router for my home and can spend up to 10,000 INR. I am looking at TP link Archer AX50 3000 Mbps router as an option and want to know if it's any good. Is there any other option at the same price range? Also will my older phones/laptop ( macbook pro 2013) be able to connect to the router ?
Your older devices will work. WIFI6 routers are backward compatible. What ISP speed do you have ?

kanewolf

Titan
Hey Kane,

I live in TN, India and my ISP is ACT Fibernet. My current plant is ACT Blast Promo Plan. (150 Mbps speed - 2500gb Data upload/download per month).
You won't benefit significantly from WIFI6. 150Mbit service can be easily handled by an AC1900 or even AC1200 router. To improve your WIFI, you might consider adding additional WIFI radios. This can be a router configured as as access point. If you have a specific device that you want to improve, you might look at powerline or MoCA networks. Pulling an ethernet cable and adding addition WIFI radios is what will improve your WIFI performance most.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS