Question New build but im having problems can someone advise me please ?

Sep 1, 2024
Ive just spent a lot of money on a new build but its being very problematic. This is my first AMD system built on a B650 Aorus Elite Ax Ice with a Ryzen 700x3D. It has the old bios F2 from last year but i am unable to flash the bios to the latest and i believe that it is necessary for everything to work properly. I followed all the instructions but the board wont flash bare and it wont flash from the bios flash utility. it keeps saying it cant read the file on the usb. I put it together and loaded windows 10 then updated a few things like gigabyte chipset drivers, but when it came to the nvidia graphics driver it wouldnt install so i followed the instructions to delete the registry key and retry. It has crashed and wont repair and now it wont boot into windows at all. I can get into the bios tho. i think sorting the bios might solve the problem but im stumped, can anyone help?

Ive just spent a lot of money on a new build but its being very problematic. This is my first AMD system built on a B650 Aorus Elite Ax Ice with a Ryzen 700x3D. It has the old bios F2 from last year but i am unable to flash the bios to the latest and i believe that it is necessary for everything to work properly. I followed all the instructions but the board wont flash bare and it wont flash from the bios flash utility. it keeps saying it cant read the file on the usb. I put it together and loaded windows 10 then updated a few things like gigabyte chipset drivers, but when it came to the nvidia graphics driver it wouldnt install so i followed the instructions to delete the registry key and retry. It has crashed and wont repair and now it wont boot into windows at all. I can get into the bios tho. i think sorting the bios might solve the problem but im stumped, can anyone help?
Try using a FAT32 usb flash drive.

Sep 1, 2024
Ive tried flashing the board and everything seemed to be going well the bios light flahed and the usb stick flashed for a while then it shut down so i thought it was done but then i couldnt get a post or get into the bios. I tried again with the graphics card removed and the ram and it flashed for a few minutes before it stopped but the pc wont shut down now on its own. The single red light on the MB is on but thats always been on even when i had windows 10 installed with the F2 bios. Now i dont know what to do i hope and pray i havent got a dodgy MB, any suggestion cheers.

Ive tried flashing the board and everything seemed to be going well the bios light flahed and the usb stick flashed for a while then it shut down so i thought it was done but then i couldnt get a post or get into the bios. I tried again with the graphics card removed and the ram and it flashed for a few minutes before it stopped but the pc wont shut down now on its own. The single red light on the MB is on but thats always been on even when i had windows 10 installed with the F2 bios. Now i dont know what to do i hope and pray i havent got a dodgy MB, any suggestion cheers.
It might be time to RMA that board.

AMD system built on a B650 Aorus Elite Ax Ice with a Ryzen 700x3D.
It has the old bios F2 from last year
i think sorting the bios might solve the problem but im stumped, can anyone help?
Which exactly model Ryzen 700x3D ?
All 7000 series cpus are validated with F1 bios.
8000 series cpus require F20 and 9000 series cpus require F30 BIOS.
So BIOS update is optional (and not absolutely necessary).

Ive tried flashing the board and everything seemed to be going well the bios light flahed and the usb stick flashed for a while then it shut down so i thought it was done but then i couldnt get a post or get into the bios. I tried again with the graphics card removed and the ram and it flashed for a few minutes before it stopped but the pc wont shut down now on its own. The single red light on the MB is on but thats always been on even when i had windows 10 installed with the F2 bios.
Redo Q-Flash plus procedure.
Be patient.

Sep 1, 2024

Which exactly model Ryzen 700x3D ?
All 7000 series cpus are validated with F1 bios.
8000 series cpus require F20 and 9000 series cpus require F30 BIOS.
So BIOS update is optional (and not absolutely necessary).

Redo Q-Flash plus procedure.
Be patient.
Thank you for the replies; I redid the bios flash and managed to get into the new bios which is a slightly different layout to the last one and it does show as the new F3, and i also managed to install windows 10. However it asked me to download gigabyte control center, i assumed i needed to do that in order to install the chipset drivers. It wouldnt install because windows said i needed dot net framework so i clicked on the link to install that but then the pc randomly restarted, so i tried again and this time it froze. Maybe if i could get the chipset drivers installed it would fix that problem, so im just wondering if i could go straight to the gigabyte support and just grab the drivers without the control center installed. Its been over 15yrs since i built a pc so its all new to me now.
The new built is B650 Aorus Elite AX Ice ..... ASUS RTX 4070 OC ..... Ryzen 7800x3D ..... 32GB Corsair Vengence DDR5 .... 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade ..... 2TB Crucial P3 plus.
All parts were matched using parts picker and the Hard drives were compatibility checked using gigabyte web site. I feel like i need all the help i can get with this one cheers.