-Gigabyte B650 Pro AX - Motherboard
-Ryzen 9 7900x - CPU
-Superflower Leadex SE Platinum - PSU
-No discrete GPU yet
-32gb 2x16 Gskill Flare x5 6000mhz EXPO - Memory
-Thermaltake View 51 - Case
-Corsair iH150 lcd screen
-tried Windows 11 pro 64 bit, Ubuntu and Arch Linux

I just built this PC. It shuts down without any warning at all. Its infuriating. It just shut down like when the PSU is not delivering enough power but its not the PSU, tried a known working PSU and it just do the same, The keyboard stays lit and when you turn it back on and properly shut it back off, the keyboard light turns off with it. I have tried everything including:
  • Replacing the PSU
  • Re-installing Windows 11
  • Tried Ubuntu and Arch Linux
  • No luck. Tried with expo on or off,
  • Did check for bent pins, tried some settings for power on bios;

Anyways, after that the same issue persists, what could it be?
Also on windows the pc using occt under stress last the hour of stress but under low load it wont last that long, usually some minutes, 30 min at most, on Linux it last more rhan 2 hrs but still turn off randomly.

Ralston18

Titan
What wattage for the PSUs? Noted that current PSU is a Superflower PSU model - wattage?

What make, model, and wattage is that other "known working" PSU? New, used, refurbished?

Modular (Superflower) or semi-modular PSUs? Did you use any cables from PSUs other than from the PSU that is/was installed? Modular PSU cables should not be used for other PSUs.

After the next sucessful book in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shutdowns.

Post accordingly.

Dec 23, 2022
What wattage for the PSUs? Noted that current PSU is a Superflower PSU model - wattage?

What make, model, and wattage is that other "known working" PSU? New, used, refurbished?

Modular (Superflower) or semi-modular PSUs? Did you use any cables from PSUs other than from the PSU that is/was installed? Modular PSU cables should not be used for other PSUs.

After the next sucessful book in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shutdowns.

Post accordingly.
The one i bought, the superflower one is 850w platinum, it is brand new (actually everything from new build is brand new); the working one for testing is used, removed from my cousin PC just to test since the first thing that came to mind was a PSU damaged; its an Evga G5 750w gold.

Both are fully modular but I used the original cables from their respective vendors models, there was no swap between them.

on event sometimes after a sudden shut down it doesnt show anything at all, some others it has an error but just of an unexpected shut down, no relevant info at all I’d say, since its the same error of when PC losses power or you press psu button.

I just reinstalled windows but currently running memorytest, 1 ram stick passed, the other still going (like 30min left but no errors for now)

Have you tried updating the bios?
Also, yes I updated the bios to latest bios version F3c;

Dec 23, 2022
Make sure to clear CMOS after the bios update. Otherwise the updated bios may not function correctly.

I will clear them again, but I was forced to do it once when i decreased the Ram from 6000 to 5200 for w/e reason the computer would stay on a blackscreen so was forced to clear cmos and just decided to leave ram @ stock (w/o expo or anything) until i can narrow what the real issue is.

I will clear them again, but I was forced to do it once when i decreased the Ram from 6000 to 5200 for w/e reason the computer would stay on a blackscreen so was forced to clear cmos and just decided to leave ram @ stock (w/o expo or anything) until i can narrow what the real issue is.

If you did this before the last bios update, you need to clear CMOS again. it's just to rule it out.

Dec 23, 2022
Also have you tried the pc without having the cooler on the cpu? Too much down pressure can cause a problem.
I havent, w/o cooler temp would ramp up fast i guess…

PC just turn off, just like when psu is going bad that it turn off, or when the house losses electricity and get back fast, but the house power is fine, the battery connected to it is okay as well, but the board still has power, the aorus light stays on, and the mouse and keyboard an every usb connected still has power, and lights…
I changed the auto and did a little undervoltage from stock and slight OC and havent installed anything besides chipset, watching some youtube videos, it made it to 1hr 10min turned on without issues so a lot farther than it usually did, checking how far it goes, although hoping it stay like that, I spend a lot and have read that getting RMA on newegg is a nightmare, especially boards, since people sometimes bend pins and burn mobos capacitors!

Ralston18

Titan
Question:

"but the house power is fine, the battery connected to it is okay " [My underline.]

Battery? Do you mean the CMOS battery?

What error codes are being reported by Reliability History and Event Viewer? Check the details - may or may not be helpful.

That said, random power losses suggest a loose connection somewhere or a faulty connection - the power switch perhaps.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use bright flashlight to inspect all plugs, ports, slots, etc. for signs of damage or debris.

No one wants to force anything on a new build so what feels to be connected may not be fully connected. You may need to unplug and replug everything a few times to ensure a smooth, clean fit and a secure connection.

Dec 23, 2022
Question:

"but the house power is fine, the battery connected to it is okay " [My underline.]

Battery? Do you mean the CMOS battery?

What error codes are being reported by Reliability History and Event Viewer? Check the details - may or may not be helpful.

That said, random power losses suggest a loose connection somewhere or a faulty connection - the power switch perhaps.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use bright flashlight to inspect all plugs, ports, slots, etc. for signs of damage or debris.

No one wants to force anything on a new build so what feels to be connected may not be fully connected. You may need to unplug and replug everything a few times to ensure a smooth, clean fit and a secure connection.

By battery i meant the power back up (UPS) in case electricity goes away, my country has lot of power outages so it helps a lot.

Most error are Event ID 1000 from explorer crashing and critical Event ID 41 from pc turning off unexpectedly…

With the 4090 issues I actually kinda put more pressure on everything and made sure everything was plugged but i think I found the issue 😂

So passing by in case somebody has same board or ram and their PC is behaving like mine, it seems to be the 3rd lane of memory stick from the motherboard, it do kinda works alone but as soon as there are 2 stick of ram the pc just turn off before 30min mark has passed, I suppose its because there is an issue with dual channel; the rams alone work on any lane or even the dual channel from on 1 - 3 but not 2 - 4 where they're suppose to go, as soon as there are ram on 2 - 4 the PC starts going crazy with either getting black screen where display dont come back on or just psu shutting down, on 1 - 3 it works as expected even with EXPO on etc, this is very weird, the 1st time something like this happens to me, I mean, usually I’d get bsod when there are ram issues not psu turning off computer.

I wrote newegg today hopefully they answer tomorrow and accept rma without issues.

Merry Christmas 🎄

Ralston18

Titan
In the meantime run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Also check the motherboard's User Guide Manual. Ensure that 1) all installed RAM is supported, and 2) that the RAM is slotted in a supported configuration. Go to the manufacturer's website for any related updates that may be posted there.

Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot. Check for that as well.