Question New Build, New Problem, Help!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 7, 2023
So I built a new system, got everything installed and installed a fresh version of Windows 10 Home. Everything seemed fine until I got to the desktop and noticed no internet, I had an ethernet cable plugged in but I didn't worry, I assumed it was just drivers missing. I grabbed drivers off my laptop and used a USB key to transfer and tried running the setup for them. This is where I am stumped, it says they aren't compatible with the version of Windows, but it's fresh install of Windows 10 off a Microsoft USB stick that I bought a couple years ago. So no internet, nothing will run, no drivers can be installed, not even chipset, same error and even tried upgrading my windows but that won't run either. After a few restarts it stops booting into Windows and the only way to do anything is to reformat and reinstall Windows again.

I talked to ASUS and asked what was wrong since it was a RoG MOBO and they told me the board is defective and I need to RMA it. So I did, got a brand new gigabyte board and the same exact issue is happening. The thing is, I don't even know what can cause this, it has to be hardware since a fresh install of 10 and everything is showing up in the BIOS, I know if I can POST and enter BIOS it's likely a software error but I can't even boot into a new ISO using the media creation tool on a new stick, the Aorus logo pops up and it gets all stretched and weird looking and then the system eventually crashes.

I can't be the only person who has had this problem, any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

May 7, 2023
Infected with what? It wasn't before I started this whole process. I am thinking it was an issue with updating to Windows 11 with the new system and using the same account or connecting to the same network.

I can definitely rule out infection, it's definitely settings related, it's like I am under another account...

May 7, 2023
Infected with what? It wasn't before I started this whole process. I am thinking it was an issue with updating to Windows 11 with the new system and using the same account or connecting to the same network.

I can definitely rule out infection, it's definitely settings related, it's like I am under another account...
I did a reinstall with Windows 10 and although some files are totally broken it seems to be working well otherwise. I have no freaking clue what I did or where I went wrong, been fixing computers for over two decades and never seen this happen.

Yeah I figured it out, pathways were wrong. I fixed that but I still need to wait for Newegg to send me the new parts before I rebuild the old system. I'll update you when that is done if I come into any issues.
Hopefully the issues are done and dusted. You had some strange issues that were impossible to narrow down to a specific cause. We cast several wide nets and seems the IT go to of, "just reinstall," eventually 'fixed' the PC.

May 7, 2023
Hopefully the issues are done and dusted. You had some strange issues that were impossible to narrow down to a specific cause. We cast several wide nets and seems the IT go to of, "just reinstall," eventually 'fixed' the PC.
Yeah and usually that does fix a lot of issues over the years. I don't know what the cause was but will hopefully get things working when the parts show up.