[SOLVED] New case, CPU Cooler, Case Fans and PSU

May 3, 2020
Looking for some advice on the above mentioned parts. I have a budget of around €400, give or take. Firstly in regards to the case I have been looking at the Phantek P600S, Lian Li o11 dynamic and the be queit! Silent Base 801. I was intially drawn to the 801 for it's soundproofing which looks awesome and sounds so queit in videos, but I'd be a little concerned about temperatures within the case after heavy use. BTW this machine will not be used for gaming. Never had a computer that was lit up with led's before so really like how the lian li can glow with them!

For CPU Cooler and fans, I'm really liking Noctua products. The D15 CPU Cooler got great reviews as well as their A12 case fans although I don't think the fans have RGB.

The PSU side of things then I haven't a clue what to get. My current PSU is 15 years old and reading online that is very bad, and something I should of replaced a long time ago when I bought an Asus z97-k and i7 4790k CPU. Didn't realise the PSU could have such a big impact on parts. Current PSU is 650w, so I'd imagine the same size would be sufficient.

Solution
I had looked at some of the cooler masters like the 500p, but looking at reviews it looks very cheap. Seems a bit flimsy as the top plastic cover can easily bend.
Ehh, it's not that bad. I have the H500P Mesh version. A nice case overall. The acrylic top panel is probably the biggest negative(scratches easily).

You should've seen the reviews of the H500P before Cooler Master revised it as the H500P Mesh and H500M separately - it was a joke of a chassis:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRsb4C5gLLc

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Chassis:
1)P600S: Likely the best overall of the 3 options. A solid chassis.
2)O11 Dynamic: The most expensive option. It doesn't come with ANY fans, and that adds to the cost of the chassis.
Also, air cooling options are limited; with a clearance of 155mm, the strongest air cooler you could put in it is be quiet's Dark Rock TF.
3)Silent Base 801: There's the performance chassis, the jack of all trades, and the silent models.
Ideal for the sound sensitive, the downside is cooling performance. There's a limit to the kind of hardware one can run in these and keep reasonably cool.
I wouldn't recommend these to overclockers nor users equipping high power consuming hardware; performance is going to be less than optimal.

Cpu cooler and fans:
1)Noctua is not about looks, so if you want RGB, you have to look elsewhere. Their products are more jack of all trades; performance is good and they're relatively quiet as well. Pricey for the most part; more affordable Redux line.
2)be quiet: it's in the name really. This company really does have a focus on sound levels. Of course, they likely don't cool as well as some other brands. No RGB available here either.
3)Corsair: Expensive. RGB. Fans. Another jack company.
4)Thermaltake: Affordable RGB fans. Lacking in the performance area, though.
5)Cooler Master: The makers of the infamous Hyper 212! Lacking in the silence area, though.
6)This would get too long if I kept going, so it ends here.

Psu - for simplicity's sake:
Corsair TX, RM, RMX
Seasonic Focus, Focus Plus, Prime
Superflower Leadex 3
be quiet! Dark Power, Pure Power
EVGA Supernova G3

May 3, 2020
Thanks, very detailed reply. Seen the guy from Harware Canucks on YouTube had the P600 and it really did look fantastic. I know there's tonnes of cases out there but are others I should be maybe look into before considering?

Ya I noticed the Noctua fans are pretty expensive. Coming it at around €30 per fan which is pretty steep! I seen the Hardware Canucks guy had some sort of RGB cover on his Noctua fan to add color.
Damn those corsair fans are expensive:oops:. Just looked and they are much higher than the noctua. You just mentioned the Hyper 212, which I posted about recently as I've had incredible noise issue with this from day one and the reason I'm changing the CPU. Will proabably avoid cooler master over this.

I've seen the Corsair TX in a number of youtube videos. Seem to be well liked so will look into getting one of them.

Such a difficult decission to choose things as there are so many options available. Can be very frustrating!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks, very detailed reply. Seen the guy from Harware Canucks on YouTube had the P600 and it really did look fantastic. I know there's tonnes of cases out there but are others I should be maybe look into before considering?
There indeed are other options, but the sheer number may bury the ones you're currently considering o_O
Here's some more that hopefully, don't break the bank:
Fractal Design Meshify C, Meshify S2
be quiet! Pure Base 500 DX
Cooler Master H500, NR600
Corsair iCUE 220T Airflow, 465X, 275R Airflow, Air 540
Lian Li Lancool 2
NZXT H700
Phanteks Eclipse P400A/Digital, P350X, P360X, Enthoo Pro M
Thermaltake Core V21

Ya I noticed the Noctua fans are pretty expensive. Coming it at around €30 per fan which is pretty steep! I seen the Hardware Canucks guy had some sort of RGB cover on his Noctua fan to add color.
Noctua does have it's Chromax line as an alternative - still no RGB though, so I guess you'd have to DIY it up like the HC guy did.

Such a difficult decission to choose things as there are so many options available. Can be very frustrating!
Definitely.
It's a good idea to check with others instead of just blindly picking something and possibly getting bitten for it later.

May 3, 2020
Some nice cases there. That NZXT case is actually really nice. Never really considered them but the 710i looks very impressive as well and one I may consider. Comes with RGB lighting as well!! I had looked at some of the cooler masters like the 500p, but looking at reviews it looks very cheap. Seems a bit flimsy as the top plastic cover can easily bend.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I had looked at some of the cooler masters like the 500p, but looking at reviews it looks very cheap. Seems a bit flimsy as the top plastic cover can easily bend.
Ehh, it's not that bad. I have the H500P Mesh version. A nice case overall. The acrylic top panel is probably the biggest negative(scratches easily).

You should've seen the reviews of the H500P before Cooler Master revised it as the H500P Mesh and H500M separately - it was a joke of a chassis:

Solution
May 3, 2020

Jesus that's unbelievable. The start of the video is hilarious😀! The Mesh version looks amazing:hearteyes:. It's actually coming in at almost the same price as the P600 or some of the other cases.