ATI Cat 5.3's are out , included OpenGL version 2.0 support in this version.

Maybe these will help some of the nagging texture corruptions I keep getting
off and on in Pacific Fighters.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

Don Burnette wrote:
> ATI Cat 5.3's are out , included OpenGL version 2.0 support in this
> version.
> Maybe these will help some of the nagging texture corruptions I keep
> getting off and on in Pacific Fighters.

Yes!

Just flew about 4 missions in my PF campaign, so far so good, not one bit of
texture corruption ..
keeping fingers crossed...

--

Don Burnette wrote:
> Don Burnette wrote:
> > ATI Cat 5.3's are out , included OpenGL version 2.0 support in this
> > version.
> > Maybe these will help some of the nagging texture corruptions I
keep
> > getting off and on in Pacific Fighters.
>

> Yes!
>
> Just flew about 4 missions in my PF campaign, so far so good, not one
bit of
> texture corruption ..
> keeping fingers crossed...

ATI OpenGL driver weirdness was one of the reasons I upgraded from my
old Radeon 9600 to a Geforce 6800GT. I was initially trying to find a
256mb Radeon 9800 Pro, but at the time (around Christmas) they weren't
to be had anywhere. So I was looking instead at the ATI X800 series,
but for the same amount of cash, I figured the Geforce was a bit of a
better deal. No regrets, but the X800 series still look very tempting.
It's good to see their drivers maturing. I think they're a good company
with solid hardware. If I could sneak a bunch of parts past the wife,
and build another machine, I'd try the ATI. But that isn't happening
any time soon. I've no time these days anyway :(

alq119_4spam@yahoo.com wrote:
> Don Burnette wrote:
>> Don Burnette wrote:
>>> ATI Cat 5.3's are out , included OpenGL version 2.0 support in this
>>> version.
>>> Maybe these will help some of the nagging texture corruptions I keep
>>> getting off and on in Pacific Fighters.
>>

>> Yes!
>>
>> Just flew about 4 missions in my PF campaign, so far so good, not
>> one bit of texture corruption ..
>> keeping fingers crossed...
>
> ATI OpenGL driver weirdness was one of the reasons I upgraded from my
> old Radeon 9600 to a Geforce 6800GT. I was initially trying to find a
> 256mb Radeon 9800 Pro, but at the time (around Christmas) they weren't
> to be had anywhere. So I was looking instead at the ATI X800 series,
> but for the same amount of cash, I figured the Geforce was a bit of a
> better deal. No regrets, but the X800 series still look very tempting.
> It's good to see their drivers maturing. I think they're a good
> company with solid hardware. If I could sneak a bunch of parts past
> the wife, and build another machine, I'd try the ATI. But that isn't
> happening any time soon. I've no time these days anyway :(

Oh yeah, I agreee. Right now my 9800 Pro is a bottleneck in my system, going
to wait till about summer and then go with a newer ATI card.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:00:55 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>ATI Cat 5.3's are out , included OpenGL version 2.0 support in this version.
>
>Maybe these will help some of the nagging texture corruptions I keep getting
>off and on in Pacific Fighters.

Thanks for the heads up Don, it's appreciated!

Haukeye

What Vidcard supports Opengl 2.0 ?