New Community Trophy Contest

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the one i liked from before, in the long long ago, was for having real popular threads.

for having a thread with 1,000 reads - Click Bait
for having a thread with 5,000 reads - People like me
for having a thread with 10,000 reads - Talk of the Town

trophy could be a bunch of people gathered round a newspaper to get a peak. something like

86261_WP.JPG

or maybe a paperboy holding it out if the first idea is too complicated for a small pic

Last edited:
Reactions: Onus

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Dead horse trophy: For the member who can't stop posting the same "good idea", bias, response, etc., a.k.a. Beating a Dead Horse.

Trophy image would have "dead horse" in the 3 stages of decomposition:

Level I: "Bloated" Fat carcass for 5 similar responses
Level II: "Maimed" Sunken skin and distributed body parts for 25 similar responses
Level III: "Beaten" Skeletal remains only for 50 similar responses

“Moder” - Earn 3 skill levels in a new section devoted to steam game addons. IE Pro Moder, Intermediate moder, and beginner moder. Image: Twisted valve. Sub sections like CSGO mapping/skins, Skyrim addons landscape mods, ect... . Could also include sub sections about addon's for game servers for example gun game for CS source setup. Pros directing new comers to tools and giving a guiding hand to learning creation tools games come with or game servers.

SSBrando

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
I noticed most categories have three levels and when attained give 50, 100, and 500 points except for PC Gaming.
How about a fourth award for 500 points?
Name: "Hug a Baer"
-Get 256 Best Answers in PC Gaming category. You've proved your mettle, now go hug Ralph H. Baer.
-Image would maybe be a black and white picture of a teddy bear gaming on a mouse and keyboard?

starwarsgamer5001

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019
First off, I think all "Master" should be changed to Meister, because its cooler.

Second there should be a Noob Meister trophy. For anyone under 100 or so posts who has been helpful as a member. Maybe determined by a certain number of solves.

Yehezkiel

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
- Masterinian (15K Point)
Your best knowledge help many others!,You are Master Member of Tomshardware and has been with us for 13 Years,congratulations!

- Myriad
You have been already help almost ten thousand of post for searching the clue and arrange the puzzle together,Keep help each other,sir!

-Heirdom
Your kindness to help each other is the amazing idea,you always gave helpfull answer that help more than 10.000 post,Master! You're Amazing!

-BugSeeker
Best 1000 answer in Security,you helpfull answer made everyting keep secured and safe.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Those aren't solutions, those are "points". Not the same thing. BA's and points are completely different metrics.

WRONG: Believe me I know.
No those are Best Solutions\Answers and that's not counting on Tom's Guide.

he does have a point... Sorry, I will show myself the way out :kikou:

its pretty obvious, its in his side panel. The bottom icon is his BA total. Wishful thinking perhaps¿

I wonder how many points you can get if you got every trophy. That would be one Award that will give the (new) Dark Lord something to aim for. Suspect like others here he is down to scraps when it comes to earning points.

Feb 14, 2019
There should be a "Rapid Responder" trophy with a picture of a wheel with lines behind it (as if to show a high speed). This trophy can be awarded by answering x number of questions within 5-10 minutes of it being posted to show how willing you are to help in a jiffy! :)

Reactions: Onus

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
Example: “Toms Hardware Noob” - Make at least 1 posts, Image: TH symbol
Example: “Toms Hardware Novice” - Make at least 20 posts, Image: TH symbol
Example: “Toms Hardware Pro” - Make at least 50 posts, Image: TH symbol but blue
Example: “Toms Hardware Expert” - Make at least 100 posts, Image: TH Red Hammer

Something like that?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Designated system builders section where people go for inquires or suggestions on complete builds.

Trophies could start out with piece of wood & nail and then work toward a spanner and finally a hammer.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Example: “Toms Hardware Noob” - Make at least 1 posts, Image: TH symbol
Example: “Toms Hardware Novice” - Make at least 20 posts, Image: TH symbol
Example: “Toms Hardware Pro” - Make at least 50 posts, Image: TH symbol but blue
Example: “Toms Hardware Expert” - Make at least 100 posts, Image: TH Red Hammer

Something like that?

we already have this, its the Discourse trophy

forum can't tell difference between answers and questions as far as I know.. it might but there won't be many people who start a large amount of threads themselves.

Reactions: JayTee3
I shouldn't even have to suggest this, since most of us already know it's the single most important component in any build, and should 1000% not be lumped in with other "components", but I I will anyhow since obviously it got overlooked even though it was conveyed that it would get it's own category this time around.

It's like the old joke about the ***hole, and how when it shuts down, everything else shuts down too, including the arms, legs and brain. Remember that. Yeah, it's like that with the power supply too. So if CPUs, graphics cards, memory and motherboards get a category, then power supplies should be a no brainer.

Power supply trophy

Bronze
Gold
Titanium

Icon below, or something similar.
2m3sape.jpg

Reactions: Onus and boju

Colif

Win 11 Master
Retro windows Trophy
Covers all forums from 8 to 95/98/ME

Expert
Authority
Master

Icon similar to the Win 10 ones.

They had individual badges before but lumped altogether makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.