May 1, 2020
I built a new gaming computer a few weeks ago and have had very little issues with it. The first time I had issues was when I stupidly tried changing the RAMs voltage in the BIOS to a level that I thought they could handle but they failed. I rest the CMOS and my computer had very little issues since. This new issue has been quite problematic since it started and I definitely want to figure out what it is before it becomes a worse issue.

My computer keeps randomly shutting off for no reason. Rather abruptly, too. With no power down screen or anything. It just shuts off with an audible "click" and either completely restarts or enters a "sleep-like" state where only the RGB on the ram i s functioning but everything else is off, and my computer won't turn back on in that state unless I press the power button again. I'd like to assume this is a power supply issue since it just happens randomly. I could be playing a game like Borderlands 3 or Rainbow Six Siege on max settings for hours with no issues at all (except my GPU reaching temps up to 75 C which I'm hoping isn't too bad), but if I turn my computer on and just leave it idling on discord, it just shuts off on its own with the aforementioned issues.

Sometimes, my computer just won't turn on at all. I'll press the power button and everything just stays dark for a few minutes then it finally powers on.

I once again think that it's a power supply issue, especially considering my cable management in the back is an absolute nightmare, but I have checked the cables connecting to the power supply and the motherboard and they're all firmly in place. I hope I don't have to replace the power supply since every piece on my computer excluding a hard drive is brand new, but this is becoming bothersome. I've had to reinstall discord because some files were corrupted and now I can't install steam games anymore because of a disk write error. If anyone has any advice it would be extremely helpful.

My PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 (2 x 36 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB FTW3 Ultra Gaming Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
3 Corsair LL120 Case Fans

Jun 2, 2020
Any luck? I’m having the same issue. Sometimes I’m on for a few hours, sometimes it will fail after a few minutes then won’t boot unless I remove psu cable. Also make sure it’s not just your psu cable. Someone in another thread mentioned he had that happen lol. I’m using a ryzen 9 3900 with evga 750 b5.