[SOLVED] New GPU shows no signal

Jan 20, 2020
Hey guys.
I have an Asus XC-885, kind of a shitty PC but I decided to change the original PSU and to buy a new GPU, a GTX 950.
The problem is that when I install the graphics card the monitor shows no signal.
I tried clearing the CMOS and disabling the original Intel Graphics but still nothing.
In the BIOS settings I can't change the video output (is greyed out) and, of course, if I plug the GPU both GPU's and motherboard's HDMI ports show no signal.
I know that it is read correctly by the computer because when I check through SSH is shows me that the GPU is installed.
ONLY ONCE it started, but then again when rebooting still the same problem.
Any ideas?

EDIT: If useful the motherboard is a B36H4-AD like this one: https://www.kazespstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=93036

Last edited:
Solution
Is the GPU getting power connection from the PSU?
Yes. I solved it by turning the PC on with the HDMI on the GPU. Waited like 5 minutes then switched it to the motherboard's HDMI and the pc automatically rebooted after like 1 minute. Then waited 5 minutes more and connected it back to the GPU and it was working. I installed NVIDIA drivers and since then it worked fine. It took me 7 hours but I made it.
Jan 20, 2020
Is the GPU getting power connection from the PSU?
Yes. I solved it by turning the PC on with the HDMI on the GPU. Waited like 5 minutes then switched it to the motherboard's HDMI and the pc automatically rebooted after like 1 minute. Then waited 5 minutes more and connected it back to the GPU and it was working. I installed NVIDIA drivers and since then it worked fine. It took me 7 hours but I made it.

Solution

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
Good, you learned something

May 31, 2020
Please explain. I have same problem.

TRENDING THREADS