Nov 20, 2023
Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming on Twitch. Generally i play games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300-350€.
I have these in mind (all of them in similar price 310-340€):
1) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0)
2)Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4060 8GB GDDR6 Windforce OC
3)Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 Pulse

To me the best one is the radeon one but people recommend NVIDIA card because of the better encoding on twitch if i understand good and also at least 12GB VRAM. Any opinions on these?
If you have any more recommendations feel free to say!!

PC specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
PSU: Be Quiet System Power 9 600W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Box: Kolink Stronghold White
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 1TB

Nov 20, 2023
Is twitch more important than game performance to you?
to be ownest im gona game more than stream but if i stream i dont want to have problems with stuttering and tearing because its a bit annoying to watch. I'm overthinkig this alot because of people hating alot on radeon and specifically on the encoding part. I don't wanna regret the money i'm gonna spend :disrelieved:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Lots of under informed people out there. AMD drivers meant to be bad... I haven't noticed so far this year.

I don't stream so I can't comment on that. If I did I wouldn't be able to comment anyway as my card does have H264

I will give Nvidia the RT win but lots of games out there will never have it. So it realy depends what you play. I have yet to play a game with RT and not out of choice.

If you play more than stream I would get Radeon. If you more concerned about what it looks like to others, its not so obvious. Who is more important?

Personally speaking this isn't even a question unless you have a workload you do often (or make money off of) which requires nvidia. The performance delta is just so massive between these cards. I don't have a daily driver AMD card, but I had zero hesitation about picking up a 6800 XT, because AMD is just selling so much more performance/$ in the sub $500 price brackets.

Granted it's in the Linux gaming subreddit, but someone recently posited the same question and this still might help your decision: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gami..._the_status_of_amd_gpus_for_twitch_streaming/

Colif

Win 11 Master
A comparison between 4060 & 6700xt:
The slight advantages for Nvidia in streaming do not make up for the 4060 performance deficit. The 6700xt beats it handsomely.
Twitch streaming
I know you said 3060 here but its all relative, the 4060 was meant to replace it.

techpowerup seem to agree - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/new-graphics-card.315919/ (I know that is you, I see other people I recognise in that thread)

I found your thread here from Monday and just linked them all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: kopols and Order 66
Nov 20, 2023
A comparison between 4060 & 6700xt:

Twitch streaming
I know you said 3060 here but its all relative, the 4060 was meant to replace it.

techpowerup seem to agree - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/new-graphics-card.315919/ (I know that is you, I see other people I recognise in that thread)

I found your thread here from Monday and just linked them all together.
thank you for the link i was trying to delete this one because no one was replying but i couldn't. I asked in a couple of forums but all i got was people disagreeing with each other wether i should get NVIDIA or Radeon and that really doesnt help me decide :disrelieved:

Anyways, i really liked the 4060 but my problem was the 8GB of VRAM that it seems low to me. For the games i play its enough but you will never know what you wanna try on the future. My income is not gonna be based on stream, it will be more of a hoby and for fun. If one day i can manage to grow as a streamer then for sure i'm gonna upgrate generally my pc.
I play light games like Valorant or some Genshin that even my pc rn can run with the integrated graphics.
For Radeon they recommend higher bitrate but i dont think if i can put mine up to 6000 (i have 10mbps upload speed and i hardly have 4000 mbps bandwidth at least now that i tried without a graphics card)

Colif

Win 11 Master
thank you for the link i was trying to delete this one because no one was replying but i couldn't. I asked in a couple of forums but all i got was people disagreeing with each other wether i should get NVIDIA or Radeon and that really doesnt help me decide

Your purchase is based on features, people argue about which ones are more important. Opinions, everyone has a different reason to choose. I chose AMD cause I didn't want to swap power supply and ended up doing that anyway. That and they were cheaper and offered a reasonable amount of performance still compared to 4080/4090. Everyone has to weigh up what is offered and choose themselves.

4060 8gb also suffers just against itself when its got 2x more vram. Nvidia should have just released the 16gb version.

i find it very giving of you to use a GPU that in both Nvidia cases is stomped by the 6700xt just so your possible audience sees a better picture. Personally I would buy what looks best for me but there you go

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023
Your purchase is based on features, people argue about which ones are more important. Opinions, everyone has a different reason to choose. I chose AMD cause I didn't want to swap power supply and ended up doing that anyway. That and they were cheaper and offered a reasonable amount of performance still compared to 4080/4090. Everyone has to weigh up what is offered and choose themselves.

4060 8gb also suffers just against itself when its got 2x more vram. Nvidia should have just released the 16gb version.

i find it very giving of you to use a GPU that in both Nvidia cases is stomped by the 6700xt just so your possible audience sees a better picture. Personally I would buy what looks best for me but there you go
i think i'm gonna go for the 6700xt as most of the time i'm just playing, and if i see any problem that is a lot annoying i will consider change gpu or upgrade my cpu . I will update you all after i do the purchase in case also someone had the same question

Reactions: Colif