AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Hey everyone.

Just completed a new build and installed Windows 10.

Hardware:
Asus Z590-P
32GB RAM
1TB SSD

I dont have dedicated GPU at the moment so I want to use the igpu for a month while scraping a few bucks for a new GPU.

Problem is, I am not able to install any intel graphics drivers. I tried Snappy driver utility, driver from the Asus website and even from the Intel website.
None of it works.

if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Solution
You shouldn't try third party app's to install drivers. In fact the first order of business is to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Following that, check to see what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on. On that note, where did you source the installer for your OS? Lastly, you download the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's support site.

Are you installing the drivers, by double clicking on them? You should also install chipset and the other drivers prior to installing you display drivers. In fact display drivers should be last on the list of drivers to install(or at least 75% of the way).

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't try third party app's to install drivers. In fact the first order of business is to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Following that, check to see what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on. On that note, where did you source the installer for your OS? Lastly, you download the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's support site.

Are you installing the drivers, by double clicking on them? You should also install chipset and the other drivers prior to installing you display drivers. In fact display drivers should be last on the list of drivers to install(or at least 75% of the way).

Reactions: AmeedMv
Solution
Did you do a clean install using the Microsoft Media Creation tool, deleting all existing partitions?

Or did you do an upgrade install of some type?

Are you currently using whatever graphics driver was provided by Microsoft during your Windows install?

Does your integrated graphics seem to be working OK now?

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015

BIOS is not updated, its left the way as I got the mobo.

I dont know exactly where the OS is sourced from, its not from the microsoft media creation tool. I've had it for a couple of years now. I tried to install the 20h2 version I had from March this year but half way through OS intallation the setup crashes. So I made a bootable one of this OS which was labeled Win 10 (Clean), I think it was back from 2015. And it was able to install the OS without any problem. My thoughts were, either the BIOS was too outdated for the 20H2 version or something wrong with the 20H2 OS image I had.

So I first intalled all drivers from ASUS Z590-P support page. and everything went smoothly except for the display driver and another driver on their site. So I downloaded snappy but it failed on me as well. Then I did download the driver for Intel hd graphics from intels site which said it was compatible with 11600k cpus. Which failed to run for some reason and didnt open at all.

Under Display Adaptors in my Device manager it says Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor.

Generally speaking:

I'd clean install with a bootable USB stick made directly from Microsoft's site. I assume you have the proper license to activate the install.

I'd probably get the Intel chipset driver from Intel direct before I began the install and install that immediately after Windows.

And I'd probably get the motherboard's NIC driver before I began in the rare chance that the Windows installation won't provide it.

I'd do the Windows install and I would see how far that got me....what hardware works as expected and what doesn't. The built-in Windows drivers work for the vast majority of stuff. Look for bangs in Device Manager after the install is done.

If something DOESN'T work as expected, then go the hardware manufacturer's site for newest drivers.

Other than that, I would NOT obsess over drivers.

I would NOT rely on any third party driver tools.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Generally speaking:

I'd clean install with a bootable USB stick made directly from Microsoft's site. I assume you have the proper license to activate the install.

I'd probably get the Intel chipset driver from Intel direct before I began the install and install that immediately after Windows.

And I'd probably get the motherboard's NIC driver before I began in the rare chance that the Windows installation won't provide it.

I'd do the Windows install and I would see how far that got me....what hardware works as expected and what doesn't. The built-in Windows drivers work for the vast majority of stuff. Look for bangs in Device Manager after the install is done.

If something DOESN'T work as expected, then go the hardware manufacturer's site for newest drivers.

Other than that, I would NOT obsess over drivers.

I would NOT rely on any third party driver tools.

Would it be possible to upgrade the installed windows with an updater from microsofts website?
Or perhaps update Windows from Windows Update and see if I can reinstall the driver from ASUS'website?
Just curious.

What "Windows" do you currently have and is it activated?

At this point, I'm not sure why you need additional drivers or what problems you have.

What is wrong with the current functionality?

What results do you see when you run the winver command?

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
What "Windows" do you currently have and is it activated?

At this point, I'm not sure why you need additional drivers or what problems you have.

What is wrong with the current functionality?

What results do you see when you run the winver command?

Windows 10.0 (Build 10240)

The problem is I cannot run some softwares like blender without Intel graphics drivers. I just updated windows and it still isnt able to install any drivers from ASUS or Intel.

Now Windows is trying to update to 20H2 via Windows Update

I've never even heard of a situation where winver doesn't provide full details, so I'd guess you have some sort of a mysterious Windows installer of unknown origin that has not led to an activated installation.

I can't help you any further.

Good luck.

There is literally no other build number other than 10240 anywhere else.
You have to install chipset driver first. Rest of drivers you install only after that.
Download drivers from motherboard manufacturer support web site.

Avoid any automatic driver finding/install utilities like Snappy driver utility. This can cause problems.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
You have to install chipset driver first. Rest of drivers you install only after that.

Avoid any automatic driver finding/install utilities like Snappy driver utility. This can cause problems.

Alright. Thanks

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015

So it wasn't anything related to BIOS or drivers apparently. Windows 10 doesn't allow me to install the drivers on that build of windows since it was a windows build from 2015. I updated Windows to the latest update in November and now all the drivers from the website work perfectly! Didn't have to reinstall windows or touch the BIOS for now.

Thanks for the help!