[SOLVED] New PC build freezes after final reboot during Windows 10 install EVERY TIME. HELP!

Sep 6, 2020
So, built a new PC on two days ago, and have been at a loss ever since.
Parts:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo - MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi
GPU - GeForce GTX 1660 Super
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB DDR4-3600
Storage - 512 GB 2.5in SSD, 1TB 3.5in HDD
Power - 80+ Bronze semi-mod

PC Boots up fine from USB Windows installer. I choose my Windows version, and begin upload, all is still well. 1st Reboot - All is good, "Getting parts ready", and "Getting things ready" completes successfully. 2nd Reboot - Boots to main title screen with mobo logo and spinning circles, first set of circles (smaller) completes, second set of larger circles then completes 3 revolutions and freezes, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Troubleshoot Thus Far:
  1. Attempted all Windows Recovery Options (none work, essentially all say that they cannot be completed)
  2. Attempted to boot in safe mode - As soon as safe mode boot is chosen, PC freezes.
  3. Attempted probably 10 clean re-installs, no luck
  4. Attempted Booting with 1 RAM stick, nothing
  5. Attempted a bunch of article guided troubleshooting command prompts, nothing
  6. Updated BIOS, nothing
  7. Took entire PC apart, removed and reattached all cables to everything other than CPU, NOTHING.
At this point, I have no idea what to do. Current plan is to take to Geek Squad but doubftul they have as much info as this community. Please Help!

Solution
JUST KIDDING. So I was able to install Linux (in compatibility mode). Everything working fine, connected to internet browsed around, etc. In order to make changes I had to perform a reboot. Rebooted and once again froze. I feel it has to be memory related then right?
You can try going into the BIOS and manually setting your RAM to a lower speed.
Sep 6, 2020
Have you tried with just the SSD connected but not the HDD?
At this point i think you should try setting up you motherboard outside the case. Perhaps that is causing the problem. I don't know what else to think.
So just for the hell of it , I decided to boot Linux, and it installed and booted FINE. I'm sitting here at the home menu of Linux. Would you then classify the issue as a windows problem then? I'm at a loss that Linux is working right now.

So just for the hell of it , I decided to boot Linux, and it installed and booted FINE. I'm sitting here at the home menu of Linux. Would you then classify the issue as a windows problem then? I'm at a loss that Linux is working right now.
Yes, the problem as you describe it is definitely connected to Windows, i just can think how you get around it. If the computer freezes at the same time, every time, as Windows is starting, something is loading that causes a conflict and it freezes. What exactly that is, i can't say. Perhaps something that would show up in the Device Manager like Network adapters, WiFi adapters, game controllers, System devices, but that's just a guess.

Sep 6, 2020
Yes, the problem as you describe it is definitely connected to Windows, i just can think how you get around it. If the computer freezes at the same time, every time, as Windows is starting, something is loading that causes a conflict and it freezes. What exactly that is, i can't say. Perhaps something that would show up in the Device Manager like Network adapters, WiFi adapters, game controllers, System devices, but that's just a guess.
JUST KIDDING. So I was able to install Linux (in compatibility mode). Everything working fine, connected to internet browsed around, etc. In order to make changes I had to perform a reboot. Rebooted and once again froze. I feel it has to be memory related then right?

Sep 6, 2020
You can try going into the BIOS and manually setting your RAM to a lower speed.
First off I appreciate the hell out of your help. Secondly, I don't think my RAM is compatible. I say this as I looked at the packaging and it says "supports intel" then, as went to the G.Skill site to check optimal settings for my setup, my RAM sticks with their frequencies were not listed as products available for my Ryzen 5 CPU. I'm assuming this is the problem? PCPartpicker has seemingly boned me and wasted 3 days of my life.

First off I appreciate the hell out of your help. Secondly, I don't think my RAM is compatible. I say this as I looked at the packaging and it says "supports intel" then, as went to the G.Skill site to check optimal settings for my setup, my RAM sticks with their frequencies were not listed as products available for my Ryzen 5 CPU. I'm assuming this is the problem? PCPartpicker has seemingly boned me and wasted 3 days of my life.
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series RAM will work with Intel and AMD. It's likely they just mention Intel in their description because Intel pays them money to mention their products as a form of advertising. If Ripjaws did not work in Ryzen motherboards PCpartpicker would warn you.

Sep 6, 2020
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series RAM will work with Intel and AMD. It's likely they just mention Intel in their description because Intel pays them money to mention their products as a form of advertising. If Ripjaws did not work in Ryzen motherboards PCpartpicker would warn you.
Thanks! I've now found i can boot Linux into recovery mode and then from recovery boot resume a normal boot. Any thoughts on that?

Sep 6, 2020
Are you saying it will now boot in to Windows normally?
No just Linux at the moment. Im going back to Windows, Linux was mostly just a trial to see if another OS could be downloaded properly. Can be done but still, essentially, same problem as before. Found a forum elsewhere, someone was having my exact problem and it was solved with a beta BIOS that is needed for some mobos for WHATEVER reason. Will be testing that out shortly and hoping it solves my issues. Will update. Thank you again though!

Reactions: rocktalkrock
Sep 6, 2020
I DID IT. Decided to go through the MSI page and see if I could find anything. Went to the BIOS page had the same available downloads, BUT, went to compatibility page which said a different, older BIOS was compatible with my mobo. So for the heck of it ,i decided to revert my mobo back to this older BIOS and boom we're good. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: rocktalkrock